FOUR

A L Y S S A

"My imagination's too creative. They see demon, I see angel, without a halo, wingless angel."

. . .

For the first time ever, I don't really pay attention to my class.

Which is weird, since I'm hell-bent on getting the perfect grades and am eager to prove my worth.

But as of right now, I'm transfixed on Roman at the front of the class.

Who hasn't looked in my direction anymore. It's like he's making it a point to ignore me.

But that doesn't deter me from staring at him. For gazing at the way his lips move and the stern look in his eyes during the first half of our class.

Tess sits beside me, taking notes but drooling over him as well.

"We got lucky," she sighs in bliss and rests her chin on the palm of her hand. "Veeeery lucky."

"Shut up," I hiss at her. "He's not that hot." A lie.

"You haven't taken your eyes off him since the moment you stepped inside. You shut up," she snorts beside me.

"Did not," I snap back.

"Did too."

"You're so annoying, I can't..."

"If you're going to continue to disrupt my class, I'd suggest you take your talk outside."

Tess and I both freeze in our spots, and I turn around in my seat to see Roman's eyes glaring at us.

It feels like he's robbing me of my breath with his gaze, and he seems pissed off.

Titling his head to the side, he arches a brow. "Well, what's it going to be?"

"I'm sorry, sir," I say quietly and sit up a bit, composing myself and hitting Tess beside me with my elbow when he glances away.

Stuck up, much?

There's no trace of friendliness on his face, though he does patiently answer each of the students' questions about our upcoming assignments and tasks.

He explains his way of teaching, which isn't too different from our previous professor, and all in all, he seems like a decent prof who excels in what he does and is passionate about.

I still have no idea what he's doing here, teaching us architectural design.

I decide to really take him in and compare him to Matteo. The only thing they have in common is their tan and bronze complexion, but that's about it.

Matteo has more features from his mother, while Roman clearly takes after his father in build and face.

Matteo has shorter hair that isn't as silky or curly as his brother's, and his nose is a bit crooked from being punched multiple times.

While Roman has a darker aura around him. He has the slightest of stubble dusting his face, and it looks too good on him.

The way his eyes turn up whenever he sends a closed-lipped smile to someone does things to me that should be forbidden.

When class is over, I hesitantly go down the stairs and wonder if I should go up and talk to Roman, or not.

Because there isn't a lot to say, but seeing as he's my boyfriend's brother, maybe a greeting would be the best?

It soon becomes clear that Roman doesn't want any of that. He packs up his shit and slings his messenger bag over his shoulder, heading out as well and greeting another lecturer as they enter the room.