HULING KABANATA - Maybe... Maybe I'm Lying

Ginamit kong panangga ang nakasemento kong kamay para hindi tuluyang mabagsakan ng dahon ang lapida.

“Not today,” pabirong sabi ko sa puno.

Atticus said my shooting performance would be greatly affected by this. My bones were broken. Hindi na maaring maibalik sa dati ang husay ko sa pag asinta gamit ang kanang kamay. Hindi naman problema sa akin iyon dahil magagamit ko naman ang kaliwa ko nang gaya lang ng kanan ko dati.

But sometimes... I do think, what if me and Charm had another opportunity to start again?

Another opportunity to meet again...

Would I still give her a cold shoulder or rather smile at her the first time we met?

Would I be more gentle knowing that she have a lot to carry too?

Would my broken wrist turned back to normal if I haven't met her? Then I wouldn't know her... and I'd probably regret it.

Because the only reason I'm smiling now is just because of her.

“I brought your favourite lunchbox. And Mom cooked your favourites too, she said she'll visit you later.”

I fixed myself to lay on the grass beside the grave. Pretending she's laying beside me too.

I used my hand to help me see better at the bright sky.

“Thank you,” sabi ko. “Thank you for being my sister.” I turned my face to look at Laraline’s grave and smiled. “Thank you for introducing me to Charm," I continued and watched as lilac butterfly landed on the shadow of my casted hand.

“Naiinitan ka rin?” I choked up at my last words. Hindi ko inalis ang kamay ko at hinyaang matapos sumilong ang paro-paro sa lapida ni Laraline. Ilang segundo lang ay lumipad narin ito palayo.

I still think Laraline introduce me to Charm. Maybe she's our cupid.

My phone rang. I sat up and fished my phone out of my pants’ back pocket.

“Did you wore the suit and tie I told you?” Craven’s voice was low but airy. Probaby he's leaning over the phone to whisper.

“I did. Malapit na kayo—” Naikunot ko ang noo ko nang maputol na agad ang tawag. Pero agad ring napangisi dahil marahil ay ayaw nitong malaman ng kapatid niya na tinutulungan ako nito.

Charm recovered from her surgery. It turns out she only have drunk little amount of the poison, just enough to numb her tongue. And the reason why she fainted and almost look and felt lifeless is because of her raptured appendix. However, delikado parin ang lagay niya no’n. Dahil maaari niya ring ikamatay o magdulot nang mas malalang komplikasyon ang pagputok ng appendix niya kung nagkataong natagalan kami sa pag-aksyon. Either way, I'd still react as how I did that time. Probably won't blame my friends and get angry at them, but I still feel like loosing my own life.

Eumir Ishioka died because of poisoning caused by his own wife, Charm’s mother. It turns out Mrs. Ishioka poisoned her husband that exact day when Charm faced the father and daughter tandem. The court decided she's not guilty by reason of insanity. The times she have endured being mentally and physically abused by her husband took a toll on her whole being. Now, she's in a psychiatric hospital, and in her hopeful recovery. While Charm and Craven visits Nanny Nenita and the children in her and Juanna’s orphanage. They'll be back for dinner to eat with my parents.

Amy was in a psychiatric hospital too. But as soon as she gets well, she'll be send to prison. Para bunuin ang natitirang taon ng buhay niya roon. She killed people multiple times... Laraline, the guy in the bar, and almost killed Scott too. And the whole world knows about the thing she and her father did para pagtakpan ang mga krimen niya matapos ma-published ang article tungkol sa kanila na naglalaman ng confessions ni Charm.