14

Hanma's pov:
I arrive home, worn out as always. Pops offers me some ramen, I deny the offer but eventually attempt to eat some in silence. The only thing in my head right now is the thought of y/n. Why do I still bother? She doesn't like me. Only as a friend.. why don't I ever give up already..? We never have real arguments.. but this time we did.. and it's hard to handle.. I-

'shuji.. you okay? why do I see tears in your face?'
'hm??? tears?? no-no these are just from how steamy the ramen is, I'm fine don't worry!! Thanks for checking up on me though.'

I can't believe I miss her so much. I enjoy her company so much I.. I still love her even though she doesn't love me in that way as well. Sigh. I can't express my true feelings to anyone. The only one I could do so was with y/n herself.. but I can't this time.

Why did I even try romancing with my own best friend? I ruined everything. I'm such a failure. I couldn't even save my kisaki from dying the other day..

I think it's time I joined a new gang.. to keep her off my mind.

Y/n's pov:
Sigh. School. It's different.. I have no one to talk to, no one to hook hands with, no one to tease as I walk there.. he didn't come drop me off.. I didn't mean to hurt him that much.. why am I like that..

'hey y/n!!!~ where's your boyfriend?'
'he's ill. Why do you ask.'
'Nah, it's just.. how was your little kiss last week~?'
'Uhhh yea it was- WHY IS THERE PICTURES OF IT EVERYWHERE...'
'It's just adorable, huh?'

I begin stomping around the school, tearing every picture of us kissing, keeping a few in my pockets too. The thought of him refuses to leave my head huh.

After registration, after millions of people asking the same question again and again.. I decide to skip the day of school. I couldn't handle it anymore. I'm always trash at lying, Hanma himself stated that.. but now, it's getting pretty easy.