33

Today was a different day. Ofcourse it was Tuesday and by all technicalities it was ought to be a 'different day' but for maahi, the term 'different day' held another meaning. It meant a day without Karanvir the creep. Yes, without the bad boy who's obsessed with her. Her journey from her home to college was peaceful, a rarity to be honest, and she was surprised- also thankful- to not bump into Karanvir all along her journey. Even in college she didn't see him. It felt as if he had disappeared. She wished him to remain disappeared if that's the case. But honestly, she was kinda surprised to not find Karanvir in the university. It was pretty uncommon for him to remain absent from the college. From the classes, yes he is often absent but never from the college. Atleast since maahi had walked into the college he had never taken a leave. Not even sick leaves. He rarely falls sick. Touchwood. Her classes went silently. Somehow without Karanvir the college felt so quiet and boring. Maahi hates to agree but she has a habit of seeing him everyday and even it's never a pretty experience, yet she somehow missed him. Not that she loved him, just to put that out in case people assume that she's in love with him. It's just that, sometimes when you see someone regularly, even if they're your enemies, you kinda develop a sense of attachment with them which displays itself once you stop seeing that individual. Anyways, enters vaishali. She was carrying two pantaloons bags in her hands as she walked towards her.
"Hey nerdy chik!!! How r u!!" and she looked more than happy today for certain reason. Maahi really missed Karanvir, after all he's the major topic of their discussion on daily basis. Today, however, she has no news to break to her.
"I'm fine. Have.... you seen Karanvir??" she asked nervously. Vaishali frowned upon hearing his name.
"Huh!!! That dork. He's busy in wedding preparations probably." she said uninterested. Maahi looked at her earnestly.
"But it's Uday's cousin sister's wedding. What has Karanvir got to do with it?? Oh I forgot.... Karanvir is Uday's cousin." maahi chuckled sheepishly. Vaishali sighed.
"Technically yes but um.....well, Uday's cousin from his mother's side is marrying karanvir's cousin from father's side. To simplify it all, the kids who are tying the knot are 'technically' cousins. But not too close you know. And ohhh!!! What should I tell you girl..... this marriage is a mess you know..." she huffed. Maahi was now curious.
"I wanna hear everything." she said. Her chin propped in her hand. Vaishali smiled.
"Ok. So what happened is that.....um, lemme start from the beginning. Karanvir's cousin, Shaurya, is a 21 year old goon like everyone else in his kinship. He falls in love with Uday's sister from maternal side. They met in this very college you know. The love story was absolutely forbidden. Given that Uday's mother is the reason his father broke away from his family. I mean she didn't want to live in a family of criminals and because Uday's father was a slave of his wife, he simply cut off all ties with his family. Sorry for the language but I hate that woman, even if she's my would be mother-in-law. So what happens is that, the blooming love story reached the ears of both the families. Now Shaurya's family wasn't so reluctant. They agreed, seeing how happy he was. But the girl side wasn't so much happy. I mean Uday's mother was against the idea of marrying off her niece into the family she had herself broken years ago. But the lovers won't back down so easily. Shaurya contacts his elder brother, that is Karanvir and from there the girl, phones him up and pleads to marry her to him. Karanvir, well he may be a bad boy but he's just so caring and loving when it comes to his family. Karanvir's father reaches the girl's house and tries to persuade them to marry the kids together. But that vamp kept on refusing. So in enters Karanvir with his gun, along with other shooters of his gang and.....congo, the marriage's fixed. This is how.....lemme take a breath.......ok, this is how the wedding was set." she told her. Maahi heard her in shock.
"But that's called an act of coercion. The girl's family agreed under extreme duress. What if they pull off from the wedding at the last moment??" asked maahi curiously. Vaishali chuckled.
"No one has the guts to defy Karanvir and his Mafia king father. Besides, do you know who's coming for the wedding today. Viraj Ranawat. Karanvir's favourite uncle. In his presence no one would dare try anything smart. I honestly have a crush on him. Sadly he is married and has two kids. And I am in love with another boy. Ohhhh!!! Our love story is just not meant to be..." said she dramatically. Maahi laughed.
"Stop it vaishali. You're being a drama queen." she laughed. Vaishali puffed out her cheeks.