-22-Hate That I Love You

Start from the beginning

"What is up?" I beamed, striding into the kitchen.

Colette looked up from this big book she was reading to glance at me with a nod. Then looked back down at her book.

"Well you look awfully cheerful today."

"What? I can't be cheerful for once?" I asked.

Without even looking up, she responded, "No. Seeing as you were watching Titanic last night until 11:30 and bawling like a dang baby, then nope."

I narrowed my eyes at her.

I really was crying. During the last hour, like I had told FML123 earlier, I was crying and crying. Mostly when Jack and Rose were floating in the water promising each other never to let go, when Jack died, and when she was in bed dreaming about her and Jack kissing on the Titanic in the end.

It looked like I just got back from a funeral. Just. . . sad.

"I'm kidding," Colette smiled. "But seriously. I haven't seen you this happy in a long time. It's hard for me to get used to it."

I took my seat next to her and shrugged. "It's only for today."

"Alright then."

Colette continued on with her reading while Aunt May continued making chocolate chip pancakes. The smell of chocolate was already filling up the house, but to top that off; there weer four mugs of hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Did I ever mention that the sweet tooth runs in our family? Well, both my mom's and dad's sides. And it's a miracle that no one has diabetes. We don't eat chocolate or anything with that much sugar often. It's just that no one can resist it for a long period of time.

"So, Aunt May, are we gonna visit Grandpa later?" I asked, taking a swig of the hot chocolate and wiping the whipped cream from my upper lip.

She turned around to face me with the spatula still in her hand. "Uh, yeah. After school."

I smiled. "Okay."

Aunt May went back to cooking and then a not-so-surprising knock came from the door.

"I got it," Colette said, taking her own mug that said Fly high and reach for your dreams.

Since it's a some kind of family tradition or something to get customized mugs, we all have one. Aunt May's says 4ever<3, for the four people in her family. Grandpa's says famILY. Colette's is the one she has in her hands. Mine says Let's go Anywhere But Here 'cause I know that you're The Only Exception. And since Ronnie's practically my sister, her's says Stay Gold and Stay Positive.

"Lex! Ronnie's here!" Colette yelled from the front door then slammed it shut.

"Hello, my beautiful best friend," Ronnie beamed, giving me a hug as she entered the kitchen.

I chuckled. "Hey to you, too."

"Soo." she grinned. "You're single again."

I sarcastically laughed. "Don't get too excited about it."

She pouted. "And why not?"

"Because she won't admit her feelings for Cole," Colette butted in, walking right past me and shooting me her most devious smile.

I made a face and stuck my tongue at her.

Okay, yeah, Colette knows his real name. But only because I accidentally said it while talking to her. I was just babbling on and then said his name.