3

Y/n's pov:
Mace opens the door for me and I walk in, I was greeted at the door with a cup of tea. I softly giggle "Afternoon tea already?"

Barbatos chuckles softly, "You have time to rest before your date with Lord Diavolo.", i gently take the cup as Mace took my books from me.

"Thanks."

He bows then walks away, "So a date?" Mace chuckles as we walk upstairs.

"I forgot to tell you...You have tonight off."

He nods and looks at me "You know I'll be bored without you here."

I laugh softly "You'll have Barbatos to pick on."

"It's not the same."

We walk into the study room and I giggle softly then sit down to drink my tea. He sits next to me then looks at me, I look up at him and softly smile. "Something you have to say?"

He shakes his head "No..I just like staring at you."

I look away as I giggle softly. "Such a flirt.", I hear him softly laugh. I put my cup down and grab my books, we start to study and do work together.

Mace's pov:
Y/n's head was resting on my lap as I read a book, we spend 4 hours studying and doing work. I close my book and I look down at my lap.

I chuckle softly as I see her asleep, I sigh softly "You work too hard..", I grab the blanket from beside me and place it over her. I gently put my hand on her head to gently stroke her hair.

She moves softly and whispers out "Mace, stay a little longer with me.."

A soft laugh came out and I put my hand on her cheek, "I won't be going anywhere..", I look at the time and sigh softly. Can't sleep right now because I won't get any sleep at night..

I grab my book then opened it to start reading it again as my hand gently caress Y/n's cheek.

You're so warm..so fragile..for some odd reason you brighten up my dark world, why is that? If I met you earlier on..would I even stand a chance to be with you?

Or better yet you would even be in my world still?
..
I hear Y/n sigh softly as she moves, I look down at her and softly chuckle. "Finally you're awake"

She looks up at me tiredly and rub her eye, I smile softly then close my book as she sits up. "What time is it?"

"7:30."

She nods and sighs, "I have to get ready soon.."

I put my hands on her shoulders and gently massage them, "You need to stop working so hard.."

she giggles softly "You know I hate being in silence, doing things keep my mind off things.."

I nod softly as I part my lips "But you can get sick. Like last time.."

"I'll be fine. I'm going to get ready." She gets up and walks out of the study.
..
I walk up the stairs as I hear Y/n's voice, "Mace? Is that you?" She ask with a bit of struggling tone.

I chuckle softly and walk up to her room, "You need something?" I ask walking in. She turns around to face and my eyes slightly widened..she looked beautiful..

"Earth to Mace." She giggles waving her hand in front of me. I get out of my head and blink my eyes.

"Sorry, uh You called me?"

She nods and turns to her back to me, "Can you zip me up please?", I chuckle and zip up her dress.

"How do I look?" She ask turning to me, I smile softly behind my mask and nod my head.

"You look beautiful.."

She giggles softly "Do I?"

"Yes you do.."

I gently grab her hand and spine her around to get a full view. I smile softly and nod. "yes very beautiful."

She blush softly and look away from me, "You know how to make a girls heart race."

I chuckle softly "Only for you."

We hear her name being called and she looks away from me to look out the door. A smile spread across her lips and I look away from her.

My heart..it hurts?

Diavolo's pov:
I walk into the castle and Barbatos greeted me at the door, "Is Y/n ready?" I ask him as he fix my suit.

"I'm not sure."

I chuckle softly and gently yell "Y/n!", I look down at me to make sure I look good as Barbatos fix somethings.

"Are you excited my lord?" Barbatos ask as we wait.

"Yes I am..it's been so long." I chuckle and he share a small laugh. We talk about work but soon we hear click of high heels come down the stairs.

I look away from Barbatos and look at the staircase as Y/n walk down them. I smile warmly as she walks down. She looks beautiful in the dress I picked out for her.

She reaches the bottom and looks at me with a soft blush, I was just admiring how beautiful she looked

She reaches the bottom and looks at me with a soft blush, I was just admiring how beautiful she looked. "S-Stop looking at me and say something.." she says as she looks away embarrassed.

I chuckle softly and walk up to her, i gently kiss her on the forehead. "You look beautiful. my love."

She giggles softly and looks back at me, "You like turning me into a blushing mess huh?"

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't." I chuckle teasingly.

She playfully hit my arm and I laugh softly. "Should we go now?"

She nods and I take her hand in mines. "Let's go then."

Barbatos walk with us and holds the door open for us, we walk out towards the car. He also opens that door and I let Y/n get in first, he closes her door then we walk over to my side.

"Here you go." He chuckles as he hands me a small box. I laugh softly and take it "I almost forgot about it."

"Have a nice night, My lord." He bows as I get in, he closes the door and I look over to Y/n. She looks up from her hands then looks over to me.

She giggles softly "Do I look that beautiful to you?"

I grab her hand and kiss it "Yes you do."