Hail Herr Hitler! Chapter 33

I stood outside with my perfectly packed suitcase and holdall with my leather satchel straped over my torso and awaited my car sent from the Embassy. 

Helen fussed over my medals and began lightly patting down my heavy over coat and hopping around me with a sever eye and a shamy cloth in her hand to shine my coats brass buttons.  Her quirky movements where making me nervous.

I grabbed her hand as she began re shining my coat buttons.

"Helen. Stop." I said firmly as I gave her wrist a litttle squeeze.

She bowed gracefully and kept her head down but I still kept hold of her hand and interlaced fingers with hers.

  "Helen look at me." I commanded.

She did so without hesitation.

"Yes Herr Goeth?" She complied as her back stood with a stiff rigid posture.

 "Helen you know I may be away for several days, possibly even a week depending on the itinerary of Herr Hitler.  God forbid it but I also may have to suffer other social obligations which will extend my stay. But you need to promise me you will remain safe." I say dropping her hand and tilting her head to look at my face.

 She nodded in response, clearly just an action to passify me. Which didnt. She was good at doing as she was told but this time it was not enough.

"Words Helen. I need to hear.your words." I growled as gripped her face tighter so she had no choice but to look into my eyes.

"Yes Herr Goeth I will be safe." She replied in a perfect rehearsal.

"And what are you to do whilst I am away?" I chided her loke she was an infant.

"I will keep Rolf and Ralph close by." She stated.

"And what else?" I say leaning towards her so our noses touched.

"To keep your gun on my person at all times, fully loaded and with the saftey catch on." 

"Annnnnnd?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"And  I have the gun right here." She said pointed to her chest.

I pressed her baggy smock and felt the bullet proof vest she wore under neath and jjst on the left side I cpd feel the putline of my pistol undher baggy smock that she tied to her slip with a ribbon.

I grinned.

"Do you remeber the safe spaces?" I asked with a authorities tone.

"The spare suite has a hidden door in the closet both on the bottom of the floor and in the side panel. The Cellar has the boarded up fan that I can slip inside and shut over. And if I am caught outside the dog kennel has a small earth hatch."  She repeated back to me word for word.

"And if your saftey is  in any way compromised what should you do?" 

"Shoot." She said very seriously.

"That's very good Helen. I hope nothing comes of it however. It would be a great tragedy for me to come home and find you dead, I have no idea how to clean blood out of expensive fabrics." I say with an off handed remark as I delve into my hand luggage to check I had everything.

"Herr Goeth?"  I heared Helen question me as I stood over my hold all.

"Hmmmmmmm?" I say not really listening as I tried to make sure I packed my extra tooth brush.

"What would ypu do if I pulled the gun on you?" She asked quite out of the ordinary.

I stopped what I was doing immediately and stood and turned to face Helen.