He skips with his mother towards the palace, still not past his favorite sword being taken by Sulaiman's daughter and asking if she can be sent back home. Adam turns his gaze to Daud.

"Are all preparations done for the grand feast?"

Daud tips his head. "All is done, my Ameer."

"Good. It has been years." He looks up at the sky. The mesmerizing hues of twilight lie layer upon layer over the horizon. "Good to be reunited with everyone again."

The next day there is a hustle in the palace-- a hum in the air. The servants rush to prepare the feast and set up the rooms. Yusuf and Arwa arrive early in the morning with Nawal. By the afternoon, Eskander and his wife arrive with their children too, Teymour and Esther, along with Noura's mother. His wife receive everyone warmly, cheerful and thrilled about the gathering.

Halah tails after her mother, holding the hem of her dress and following her wherever she goes. His mother-in-law cannot let go of her youngest grandson, Musa, having met him for the first time, while Harun and Teymour chase each other through the corridors.

When evening falls, everyone start gathering in the dining room for the feast. Yusuf and Arwa with Nawal. Sulaiman and his wife, Maawa, with their daughter, Rayyan. Eskander and Laleh with Teymour and Esther. His mother-in-law. And him and Noura with their children.

As they sit at the table, Rayyan covers her hair with her hands and glares at Harun.

"Baba?" She tugs her father's sleeve to get his attention and points at Harun. "The bad boy who pulled my hair."

"Rayyan," her mother shushes her, then smiles at them apologetically. "She's a little troublemaker."

Noura returns her smile, looking down at their son who presses into his side to hide from the eyes. "So is he," she comments.

The evening flows, and so does the conversation at the table. Adam excuses himself and walks out onto the palace balcony where night sky is preparing to make its appearance in all its glory.

The torches burn bright, providing light against the settling darkness and some warmth against the growing chill. He places his hands on the handrail, leaning forward and lifting his face towards the sky. His eyelids flutter shut.

"No words are enough to express my gratitude towards you, ya Rabbi. For what you've given me. For where I stand today. And indeed to you belong the dominions of the heavens and the earth."

There is silence. Then he hears shuffling behind him. Adam turns around, finding Sulaiman's daughter standing at the opposite end of the balcony with a wooden sword-- Harun's sword. He smiles.

"Are you the Khalifa?" she asks, watching him with a dazed expression in her brilliant blue eyes that glimmer under the glow from the torches.

"Yes," he answers.

"What is your name?"

He takes a step towards her and she waves her sword in a warning, brows knitting together. He moves another step closer and stops, kneeling down before her.

"My name is Adam."

"The boy with you pulled my hair," she objects grumpily, with sweet innocence, amusing him. "He made me cry. Punish him."

"Ah." Adam feigns to be shocked. "Did he?"

She nods, pointing towards the side of her head. "It still hurts."

His expression fades into a remorseful one. He extends a hand towards her and she gingerly steps nears him.

"I'm so sorry, hubbi. What can I do to make you happy?"