⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ At The Airport

Začať od začiatku

"I am in my third year of economics," he answered and hesitated, but then asked me the same question. "And you?" 

"I finished engineering two years ago... Been doing a job for two years now."

"Are you also going to Busan?" He asked me, now his frame a little towards me. 

We kept walking and I smiled. It had been seven months since I visited my parents. No. I wasn't going to Busan. "I am going to Switzerland."

He seemed to be a little awestruck when I said that, but he didn't comment anything.

I ushered him towards the lounge and he sighed in relief when he read the board. "Why are airports like a maze? I don't seem to figure them out."

"Don't be too hard on yourself. It's your first time." I said cockily. 

He looked perplexed for a moment. Then his lips edged up into a grin. Total chaos erupted in my mind. All I wanted was to kiss his lips.

Not thinking that it was a good idea, I felt a flake of anxiety in my chest for some reason.

We found a table and grabbed food. His plate was filled with a muffin, some pasta, a bagel, and a side of Ramen. I laughed, looking at that combination. He was eating without shying. "Do you want some cold drinks?" I asked, my eyes as if didn't want to leave the sight of his face. 

"Yes, thank you," he grumbled through his stuffed mouth. 

I got up from the table. My eyes were now wary of how people were staring at us, staring at him. It made me a little uncomfortable, but avoiding them, I managed to secure two cans of Coke from the fridge before I returned to him.

"Thank you," he said again and I nodded.

I went back to eating slowly  — as I was already full — and mostly staring at him. "I feel that you are really cool for starting traveling at a such young age." He apprised suddenly, his cheeks gaining colors. 

He thought I was cool. My heart raced at the compliment. "How did you guess my age?" I chuckled. 

"I am nineteen and you are two years senior, so you must be twenty-one."

"I am," I chuckled. "But thank you for saying that. Most people think I am just wasting my life."

His hands took a pause and he quizzically looked at me. "Why?"

"They think that I have no ambition because I don't wanna get married in the future. They all expect a man to be a family guy, don't they?" Now that I had spoken, I regretted it. I shouldn't have said something like that.

"I don't know why everyone has to follow the norms. We should be able to do what we love. I don't know about them. But you are cool in my dictionary, Hyung." My lips had a soft smile playing at them. "I also wanna be like you when I am done with college."

"Do you aspire to be a traveler, too?" I asked him. 

"Not really, but anything would be better than working in the family business." He laughed, but there were so many things hidden behind his smile. "And I also don't want my freedom taken away from me. I am afraid of a long time commitment and I think with the happy big family I have, I will be excused from the tradition. I don't think I am made for marriage either. I want to be able to play football and watch football anytime I like."

I was now looking at him with pure adoration. We were compatible in terms of our ideologies. If I let him go without creating a way of communicating again, I would be damned. At that moment, it was only for a second, but I pictured that if he was to be my partner, he would be an ideal one. 

Even though I was against marriage, I didn't undermine the importance of having a companion to share your achievements and tribulations with. I could be with someone and still be loyal to them without having a social convention and a legal obligation to dictate it to me.

Never had I ever met anyone who didn't think that marriages were a sham. So far, I just hadn't found someone whom I thought could fit those shoes. I started thinking of ways to ask him for his e-mail or anything. It was a long shot. I didn't know him well, but I was willing to find out more.

When my eyes scanned the crowd — catching a few of them still looking towards our table, and then my gaze moved to the window — I caught a reflection of what was so interesting about us that was making everyone glued to our table. It was just how beautiful we two looked together. "Do you think it's okay if I want to be in touch with you?" I boldly asked him, stress getting to me. I badly wanted it to work. "You are cool, too, Jeon Jungkook." 

He nodded with a slight smile, wiping his hand with the tissue to grab his phone.  

VOTE GOAL ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 70

Next update will follow when we have 70 votes on this chapter.

You guys didn't disappoint. Vote goal finished in less than 24 hrs. Thank you, lovelies. As promised, here was the next chapter.