khajiit chronicles 1

"Uhhh, yes, so," Primrose plucked a petal from the marigold she held and smiled grimly at Skye, her eyebrows beginning to furrow as they were cringing for her. "I may have a son now but I am just so happy to see you again! You see the marriage didnt go exactly as planned and Sir Aideno'lot had a big think about the whoooooole entire thing after-"

Skye held up her paw and turned up her nose. "No, enough of him. You still call that man your sir, do you not, Prim? He may have given you a son but that does not mean his name can be mentioned anywhere else but that damned palace." She snarled and turned over on the couch, opposite of Primrose.

"Oh, Skye..." Prim put her hands behind her back and glanced at the floor. "I guess you are correct...Tucker shall be his own person from now on! What kind of mother would I be without you, Skyley?" She quickly put her paws over her mouth and gasped, astonished at the words that just came out of her mouth. When she removed them a few moments later to try and justify her last statement, her maw was left agape as no words could describe the embarassment that had just plauged her entire body.

Skye, also being caught off guard, widened her lids and held back an eyeroll. "Bother...Skyley...Lords above me would you put some words in my mouth already..." She whispered under her breath, cursing in between her pauses. "Ahhh, the baby is crying!! I must depart S-Skye, as my duties call..!" Primrose scuttled out of the room, getting away as quickly as she could from the disaster she had caused.

Now confused, Skye squinted and tried to recount what had just happened. No child is crying...Skyley?!?!

She got up onto her feet, a determined look on her face. She was going to get this over with. The awkwardness, that was. Maybe the sooner the worse in this case but Skye felt a push from her old friend to go and find out what Primrose is up to.

"Hello, my little angel! Oh, yes, yes, hush now dear, I'm just here to see you..." Tucker cooed and stretched his paws out to touch his mother as she bopped him on the nose. She didnt notice Skye walk in, and continued to baby talk her young son. "Hehe, your such a cute little thing. You must be so hun-"

Primrose felt a tap on her shoulder and whipped around, startled as well as scared as to who it may be. "Child is crying, hm?" Skye said, a neutral expression on her face.

"-Skye..! Must you surprise me like this?!" She caught her breath and heard Tucker stir, turning back to coddle him. "Oh nono its okay young one dont cry now, mommy is here..!" Prim scooped him up into her arms and began to attempt to rock his tears away, yet it wasnt so effective. He sobbed harder and louder with no signs of stopping.

Skye couldnt watch, but she could definitely hear the commotion, and decided it was nigh for an intervention. "Here, Prim..." She took Tucker out of Primrose's grasp and felt around till she found the bed and sat down. "Shhhh...Quiet, now." Using her magic, she summoned a small ball of light above his head and watched him gawk.

Primrose watched with intrigue on her face, now wishing she could learn the baby magic that her friend knew. Afraid to start up Tuckers crying again, she sat and observed how his distress simmered down to a few quiet whimpers, not taking his eyes away from Skyes magic.

Soon enough, he was fast asleep yet again, and Skye carefully brought him back to his cradle and tucked him in. "Wow... Ahah, may you be my babysitter? I had no idea you were so good with children.

Skye smirked, her silver fur reflecting the sunlight that flowed through the curtains of Primrose's room. "I have my ways. Maybe youd like a magic lesson, too, Primmy." She winked and walked out of the room, leaving Primrose stunned and red with embarassment.