Felicity - PT 1,2,3

created 9/13/21

Felicity was born in Elsweyr to a family of Khajiit. She had one brother and two sisters, who were named Parsley, Bon, and Clementine. They lived in peace, waking up everyday in the comfort of their den. At least, until the war. One day, an army of Nords attacked their village and caused destruction. Felicity and her family had to flee, and in the process, they got separated. Being only 17 and having nowhere to go, she was forced to run endlessly into the woods until it seemed like the clanging of swords had stopped. She found a dug out cave near some Juniper trees, hoping she could feast on those for a while. That night, the air turned frosty and little specks of white could be seen falling from the blue. Felicity held herself tight, wishing, praying, that she could get a wink of sleep before dawn. When she woke up from her disturbed slumber, her eyes caught a glimpse of a furry gray body hopping around in the thin layer of snow. She was starving, and living off of juniper berries didn't seem too appetizing. Instinctively, she laid her belly close to the ground and arched her back. When she was close enough, she pounced, sinking her teeth into its fur. The blood from the rabbit dripped down her chin, and to ensure that it was dead, she used her sharp Khajiit claws and slashed its insides open. Raw meat would have to be a good substitute for now; she knew it would be a long time before she could taste the tenderness of freshly cooked beef. The only thing she knew was that she had to go North, and abandon Black Heights, her former home. If she were to go back there, she would surely be killed by the hands of countless Nords. But one thing was clear; if she didn't find somewhere to stay, she would die.

After a few days of walking the ground of Tamriel, she saw something in the distance. It seemed to be a rooftop with smoke dancing up into the air. Could it be? She quickened her pace, almost hoping that the sight in front of her wouldn't disappear. Many more shacks came into view, and soon, Felicity knew that she had stumbled upon a town of some sorts. There was a stone wall surrounding the village, and she would somehow have to convince the guards to let her in. Walking up to the gate, she prepared her speech in her head when a booming voice interrupted her thoughts. "Khajiit! Do you have business in Skingrad?" Skingrad... She had never heard of such a place. At least she had some sort of idea of where she was. "Ahem..erm... Yes! I am here to talk to one of your.. merchants... heh'' There was a still pause. "What is the name of this merchant?" "Well, um, I actually came here to train my archery skills. I don't know the name of them, but I want to learn more about archery, yes" The two masked men looked at each other and nodded, one of them shuffling through his bag. He unlocked the door, and waited for her to step forward. When she walked in, there were three paths for her to choose from. Quickly, she decided to go to the right and walked toward a house with a sign that said, 'The Two Sisters Lodge'. Opening the door, she peeked inside and saw a counter with a fireplace to the left of it. She was greeted by an Orc, who wore a fine dress and golden earrings. "Good day! Looking for a room? Come talk to me!" Felicity gulped and braced herself. "Yes, hello! How much are the rooms here?" "10 gold, sweetie!" Thankfully, the pouch she brought with her had about 23 gold in it. She stuck her paw in and jumbled through the pockets till she pulled out 10 gold pieces. "Here you are, ma'am" "Thank you!" the friendly Orc cheered, "Your room is just upstairs, the one closest to the window" Felicity put her bag on the nearest chair and rested on the freshly cleaned sheets. She knew she couldn't stay here forever, she only had the money for one more night. There must be someone in this town that could take her in, she thought. After nibbling on some bread and carrots that were left on the table, Felicity tucked herself in and pondered about her future in Skingrad.

"Good morning! Did you rest well?" "Ah, yes, I did. Thank you" She paused. "Erm, excuse me, but do you know what district this town is located in?" The Orc nodded, and said, "Cyrodiil" "Alright, thank you. I'll be heading out now, the room was much appreciated." Wandering around the town, she found a secluded shack west of Skingrad. She knocked on the door, and surprisingly, a female Khajiit answered. "Hello there, what brings you here?" Felicity's palms became sweaty, and scrambled for an excuse. "Good morning! I was just, uh, wondering if you have a cooking pot I could use" The mysterious Khajiit smiled and welcomed Felicity into her home. "Here it is, sorry if it's a bit dirty. I just finished making some cabbage stew" She sat at a chair near the fire and warmed her hands, looking as if she were in deep thought. "Ah, how rude of me! I am Lily, and I sell some of my cooked goods near the market stalls in town square. Who are you, miss?" "Oh, it's alright! It's totally cool, heh. I'm Felicity, and I'm from the district of Elsweyr" "You are from far away, eh? Yes, I was born in Elsweyr too! But I came to Skingard to help fund my family back at home" Felicity's eyes darted around the room, knowing that Lily probably had no idea about the attack that took place only a few days ago. "So, you um... didn't hear about the recent ambush on Black Heights?" Lily's face turned to confusion as well as shock. "Huh? I had no idea! My family lives in Black Heights! Do you think they're okay? How brutal was the attack?" Felicity frowned. "It was pretty bad... the Nords took over our territory and many of us died. I lost my family when fleeing, and now I'm here, looking for a place to stay." Lily's face turned to sadness, and she looked back at Felicity with warm eyes. "I see. You may stay with me, Khajiit must protect Khajiit." They then embraced, and Felicity nuzzled her head in the very crook of Lilys neck.