Chapter 33. Fears.

Zacznij od początku

I was snapped out of my daze when I was suddenly pressed against a firm chest, my cheek against his shoulder.

Sasuke's POV.

Kaira had changed. When I first met her, she was cold, arrogant, resolute, confident, bold, decisive.. But now she was, hesitant, and she was getting scared and vulnerable, and Kaira wasn't even noticing it. She didn't want to notice it. Everyone around her was dying, so it's only natural she would become afraid. Who should you be depending on when you have no one left? I have always liked being alone, but I couldn't endure it. I couldn't achieve anything on my own. I needed Orochimaru, Suigetsu, Juugo and Karin. And Kaira needs her friends and family, even if she doesn't think so. She may not realize this, but it is the truth.

I brought my hands to the small of her back, tightening the embrace. Kaira's arms still hung next to her body, but I didn't mind. Just her being there was enough. Kaira and I never really had to show affection, just being together was already enough for the both of us. It's not like we didn't want to be affectionate, I didn't mind, but Kaira seemed to be hesitant sometimes. Like she was uncomfortable. From all the times we've kissed, she only kissed me first once. But I bet she did it because she wanted to forget about what happened. I didn't mind that I had to be the one to make the first move though.

''I don't want to lose anybody anymore.'' Kaira's whisper snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked down at her, seeing Kaira looking up to me. I raised my hand and placed it on the side of her neck. ''You know it's inevitable.''

''I don't know what to do anymore.'' Kaira spoke softly. ''More will die if we keep doing missions for the Akatsuki. Even Izuna could have been killed.'' I was sure Kaira understood now why Suki wanted to leave. It was better when you didn't know if somebody had died, than you were there was that life was lost. I was glad that Kaira was thinking of stop doing things for the Akatsuki, but I knew she didn't want to leave this place. She may act tough and cold sometimes, but she could be a really kind person she opened up a bit. Kaira was too attached to the people here, even more than Suki. She may not notice this herself, but I have the feeling I already knew Kaira better than she knew herself. She came to me whenever she had a problem. I saw her expressions, listened to what she had to say. I doubt she would tell anybody else these things. I doubted she would hug or cry if that person wouldn't be me. Kaira just didn't want anybody else to see that side of her.

I was done doing jobs for the Akatsuki. I did my part. There are only two things that keep me in this hideout. Kaira and that roof above my head. I could stay and eat here, saves me the trouble. But if Kaira were to join me, I could leave here and the only thing I had to do was find a hotel. Now I didn't have anything to do here anymore, I wanted Taka to leave the Akatsuki.

''Kaira?'' I asked, breaking the silence. ''What would you say if I were to ask you to join Taka?''

When she looked away from me, I had to feeling she would say no. It wouldn't be surprising if she would reject my offer. This place is where she grew up, and her family lived here.

''Sasuke, I can't join Taka.'' Kaira replied. ''But.. I will come with you if you were to leave..''

I looked down at her, slightly surprised. She would come with me, but wouldn't join Taka. What was the difference between coming along and joining?

''I will have to come back here sometimes, so I am still a part of this organization. I don't know if you want someone from the Akatsuki to come along, so I understand if you don't want me to come anymore if I can't join Taka.''

''Don't say that.'' I muttered. ''I don't care if you are still a member of the Akatsuki, because I'm sure I'll be able to convince you to join Taka one say.''

Kaira chuckled weakly and slapped my chest playfully. ''We'll see about that.''

I lifted her chin with my fingers and pecked her lips. ''And we'll see that I was right.''

Kaira looked up to me due the height difference, with an expression I couldn't quite identify. When she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me a bit down, I couldn't hide this mischievous smile that played on my lips and she pulled me into a somewhat needy kiss. I had to admit that she got better at kissing, considering I stole her first kiss. I closed my eyes and placed my hands on her hips, pulling her a bit closer to me. I couldn't deny I wasn't surprised that she was kissing me. I liked it. Could it be, that she was holding back this affection for me? Was she hesitant because she thought she wasn't good enough at this? Afraid to make mistakes? To do something wrong? Then she wasn't the only one with this fear.

When she pulled away, she didn't look at me, amusing me. I grabbed her hand and began to walk away, pulling her with me.

''Sasuke, where are we going?'' Kaira asked me when he caught up.

''We'll leave tomorrow.'' I answered. ''And I still need to take care of something.''

Maybe it was a bit soon for Kaira, but I waited long enough. I intended to set out earlier, but I had the feeling that if I left Kaira here, something would happen to her. She is being targeted after all. So I stayed a bit longer, hoping I could win more of her trust, enough for her to agree to come with me.

And now it seemed that was the right choice.