Chapter 40 "Band-Aids"

Start from the beginning

He just wanted to make life easier for Ghide. 'At least at weekends, she does not need to cook dinner,' he thought, then also looked at the woman who's sitting beside him.

Ghide is enjoying the food that she missed eating. When her father was still alive, they ate expensive steaks outside during special occasions or if they just wanted to have one. But now that she is poor, eating steaks became a luxury.

'Even if I feel awkward with SirJoshua , I have to eat a lot. This is so expensive that I have no room for being anxious,' Ghide told to herself while eating with a smile on her face.

One woman is eating happily while two men are peeking at her. It was Joshua who first back down and continued his meal. He didn't have the time to look at Jun, and so he had no idea that his little brother is also staring at Ghide.

In addition to that, it was Jun who caught Joshua stared at her and then avoided her direction.

'The reason why I couldn't leave them alone is because... my brother is also a beast,' Jun chanted this in his head.

Remembering what Olive told to him before, Jun is sure that someday, Joshua will break the cage he set on his own. Once that happened, Joshua won't be able to contain his feelings to her anymore. Jun doesn't want to happen. He does not want that to happen because?

'Because...?'

At first, Jun just wanted to protect his brother from Ghide. Yet now, it seems the table flipped down. Jun now wanted to protect her from him, and it is due to his selfish emotions.

He knows Joshua likes Ghide.

He knew that Joshua deserves to be happy.

But what should he do? He fell so much that even when he closed his eyes, he only thinks of her.

Jun took a deep breath before he shut his eyes tightly. When he opened them again, Ghide's bright expression came into his view.

They said smiling is contagious. But when Jun secretly smiled while looking at her isn't because he was lured. He was just so damn amazed how simply looking at someone will make him happy and contented.

She could be his first love.

No.

Ghide is his first love.

"Jun," Sua called him all of a sudden.

Almost dropping the knife and fork on his hands, Jun immediately turned to Sua. "O-Oh?"

"I heard that you canceled your flight to Hawaii," Joshua brought up.

"I did."

Ghide pouted her lips while listening because she's really disappointed that Jun will stay here. She didn't dare lift her head while eating because she's planning of finishing her meal without talking to the two.

"Why did you cancel it? You booked a huge room in Mr. Leo's hotel. You wasted a lot of money." Joshua lifted the glass and took a sip of water.

Listening to his brother's nag, a corner of Jun's lips soared up.

'He seems so upset that I canceled my flight,' Jun guessed.

"Since when did you care about how I spend my money?" Jun asked him.

Ghide also grabbed a glass of water and took a sip on it. She wanted to enjoy the food but she's afraid she'll get indigestion if she stays with the Hong brothers. 'Can I use the excuse that a maid like me feels uncomfortable eating with my boss, so I wanted to go now?' she considered choosing this excuse. But it won't make sense since she already agreed on eating with them. If she has chance to do that, it should be the time before she sat on the chair.