74. "Enjoy Yourself"✔️

Start from the beginning

Our smiles are meeting our eyes as he place them in front us. We thank him in unison and he flashes a coy smile at us.

Then he begins to tell us what we're about to have.

The way we hungry belly, not even that we nah meds.

"It's a Strawberry Shortcake Martini for Taj Romaé who's 18. But for Zahira and Kasi it's a Strawberry Shortcake virgin drink also called a mocktail."

"Okay," I say and Zai pouts playfully.

"We'd keep it a secret," she gently pulls it to her and Mr. Kelvin chuckles. She takes a sip and immediately smiles, just before throwing up a thumb.

I sip mine too and my tastebuds does cartwheels.

"It's so good," she breathes.

"I did my best. But ladies enjoy yourselves, the restaurant is getting a little busy now so I'll send some fries for you. If you want to change, Kasi can lead you to the bathroom," he says and walks away.

He's a little stern-but so generous.

In two minutes a waitress greets us and place our cheesy fries on the table. We thank her and she leaves.

"Dat ready yet?" I hear Zai asking as I do a boomerang with our cocktails. But I notice that Kasi doesn't answer.

I look at her curiously and she's crying silently.

Oh no..

We sandwich her and comfort her with our arms around her as she sips her drink. I run my hand through her curls while Zai caresses her hands.

"What's wrong?" Zai ask her tenderly.

Pop smoke's Dior is blasting through the speakers, making me wonder if it's a situation where the song is attached to a memory and it's making her experience nostalgia.

"A just the song," she sniffles.

I'm actually right..

"He loved it?" I ask and realize that Zai squeezes her eyes shut with a nod. Then she opens them and says.

"Before yuh start Excelsior he used to dance this song all the time. Even in class. Him would a just interrupt it and emulate Pop smoke."

Damn.

This is the worst thing I've ever experienced in a very long time. Besides, being diagnosed with Endometriosis.

"Bwoy," I shake my head, looking at the people playing Beach volleyball. Maybe she needs a little recreation?

I'm going to suggest it.

"Mek we go see wah a gwaan desso nuh," I say in a tone that comes off final because I know she might protest.

She snaps her head to where I'm pointing.

"Weh yuh think?" I ask with my eyes on her.

"Okay," she mutters then Zahira makes us laugh when she says."Wul on nuh? Make we eat first."

We laugh.

"Alright," I agree and we each take a kabob carefully since it's gushing with steam. Zai goes right in and wince when it burns her and that too, makes us laugh hysterically.

"It taste nice. It just sweet and gummy," I say before taking another bite. "And the secret sauce? Whew."

Then I dig in the cheesy fries.

"Facts girl this gwaan," Zai claps while eating and I look at Kasi. She's enjoying her food but she isn't doing much talking.

After I'm done eating, my eyes finds Kasi adding pepper to her kabob. Then I say. "You sure say yuh nuh know yuh father secret recipe?" Mainly to cheer her up.