•Mixed Signals

A bullet to the chest by that man and I have fallen. From what I remember, his touch was gentle, soothing, vividly reassuring even for someone like him. It was probably the first and last time someone has ever touched me like that..

I find it pleasuring to remember such an event in my life, if he didn't plunged that memory back in my brain then I wouldn't even be here kneeling before him at my own will. Serving him like a caretaker, worshipping him like a Servant.

A lot of things about him bewilders me, but one of the confusing things that stands out is his hospitality. Despite his strict boundaries and rather harsh words, he handles me with care like I'm something frail, which is a fact when I'm being compared to him.. But that does not give him a reason to treat me like something he treasures. Truly, it is very questionable on my part.

...

"Servant, wake up, it's time to go." Servant woke up from his slumber and immediately got up without asking why the sudden alarm. Whenever Kamukura wakes him up it's usually when Junko tracked them down again or they need more supplies to hold themselves together.

"Good morning to you too."

"Pack your stuff, we're moving places."

Though I believe this time is for a far different reason.

I watched him fold clothes, stuff things we need for survival and zip a luggage before getting up from the bed to do the same. We don't really own many that much in the place we are staying in so we got out of there quite quickly without much problem.

While walking through the deserted city he started explaining some things and the status of the other remnants including Junko and her sister. Despite him having to say to a lot of brutal things that the remnants have done, it still makes me feel relaxed listening to him talk while looking at the damage scenery we are standing upon. The rustling of stones made from cracking buildings and splashing polluted water from pipes accompanying Kamukura's voice makes a soft tune that I could listen to.

"While travelling I found a place more befitting for your preferences. I figured you would be more at ease there." I got out of my trance when he said the last bit, he doesn't need to consider my feelings or comfort.

"I don't think it's necessary, I am fine with anything you choose Sir." I kept smiling at him despite me still being tired, I want to reassure him that anything he decides is fine with me, and I will fulfill anything he asks no matter how complicated it is..

"I obligate you to atleast care for your own self. Thus it is my decision to go there." Right. We continued walking just this time somehow the atmosphere is uneasy, either from the sense of danger or discomfort. Maybe it's because Kamukura went silent or the snipers pointing at our backs as we leave the city.

We walked through a mountain, the polluted city vanishing right behind us. We went to a rural area not destroyed but most likely abandoned, we walked through it seeing a few people salvaging the place like animals,(like they should) and a few crawlers slowly piling up over dead bodies, some corpses are left to the bone while some are left rotten.. Even though there are some who saw us walking through, they continued on with their business like we didn't matter. Except for one.

"Hey there pretty boy, really nice seeing someone very sexy here unlike some hoes who couldn't even dress well." We're in the middle of an apocalypse, ofcourse they won't. The man walked over, completely ignoring Kamukura which is directly by my side the whole time.

"So what's with the collar? You sure do love getting treated like a dog even at a time like this huh? Or are you into bdsm?" ...

"Say.. what about both of us getting out of here and you know.. fu-"

"Pardon me Sir. I believe getting into sexual intercourse with anyone at a time like this is inconvenient, and I'm sure he has places to be going to aswell." Kamukura retorted completely cutting the man off from finishing his sentence.

The man looked back at him and Kamukura is unfazed. He gripped his shoulders with an annoyed look as he spoke, "And how does that affect you? I made the first move on this bitch first, find other bitches to flirt with." It makes me cringe how brave this turd is.

"If you're observant enough you could tell that I've already made the first move way before you even get to meet him. Thus catcalling isn't an appropriate way of greeting people, in fact it's the reason why people would rather get crushed by a train than meet someone as perverted as you." Kamukura pokes the mans forehead roughly as he ended his statement. He sometimes gets really harsh with his vocabulary, especially when he sounds extra sarcastic for someone who is usually monotone and cool when speaking. And to be honest it gets me excited to witness this whole new side of him.

It took a whole five minutes before the man bursts into rage, I almost imagined smoke coming out of both of his ears when his face becomes more disgusting as his veins pop out. He's overly sensitive to face the truth, overly insecure to take criticism, and overly stupid to know basic human decency. He's ugly in general and I wholeheartedly despise him.

Kamukura forcefully removed the man's hands from his shoulder seeing that their grip got tighter. The others watching immediately got out of there as the man threw a punch at him, fortunately Kamukura was fast enough to block it with his hands. Kamukura gripped the man's knuckles tight enough to turn his hands pale white till he threw him to the ground.

I took action in pulling out a gun from my pocket and loaded the barrel with only one bullet before spinning it till it clicked. I pointed it at the man, if he wants to have some fun then why not do it my own way this time?..

"To be honest I was kind of bored just standing here and letting all of this happen, So let's play an old game he and I used to play." The man stood up again but hesitant this time, maybe because I brought a gun to a fist fight? Dense of him to give me control over the situation.

"It's the classic Russian roulette but instead of pointing it at ourselves, why not point it at eachother?" I announced while clapping once with smile on my face. I don't need to give Kamukura a signal to let him know what my intention is, he knows me too well and rather too dangerously.

"I've only put one bullet, so a chance of getting our skull crushed is low but not zero."  

*Click*

The man jumped, coward. I gave Kamukura the gun and he points it to me.

"You seriously don't care about your bOYfRi3nD that much to the point where you won't hesitate to shoot him? How *loving* of you."

The thing about Kamukura's luck is that it doesn't cancel mine, it just change patterns in a disturbing way where we both can't predict if it'll actually give what we want or what we'll dread for.

"He doesn't deserve you, I bet you won't even visit his grave once he's finally out of your life."

*Click*

I don't think that's an outcome we'd want to experience. That man is playing dirty, playing  us with what he learned, completely blinded by his own greed and ego, he reminds me of her.. But she's more tolerable.

Kamukura marked the gun with a red lipstick (most likely stole it from Junko) and gave it to the man. He knows we don't hesitate, he knows we are sick, and he won't hesitate to use it against us.

He pointed it at Kamukura, and his grin reached his ears. He pulled the trigger.

*Click*

We both expected it. He's as predictable as a children's puzzle. This game used to be fun, but now it's just something similar to playing chess with an ai.

He pulled the trigger thrice before hearing a loud bang. The gun exploded on his face which led him to fall on his back due to the impact. The muzzle of the gun was covered with red lipstick and the back part was completely destroyed beyond repair.

I honestly felt bad for the gun more than the man.

"He's fine but he'll be unconscious for only a few minutes. Let's continue through the path and we'll be on our destination." Kamukura threw the lipstick to a near by tree and continued walking. I picked up the broken gun and followed him from behind.