Chapter 5: Just Ten More

Start from the beginning

I got home, wiping away my tears as I entered just in case my dad was still up. I plopped on the couch and chewed my lip softly.

I wasn't riding on anyone's coat tails, I was doing my job. This was my job.

I thought to myself, hugging my legs to my chest. I couldn't figure out why he felt this way towards me. I hadn't said anything, anytime my dad was in conversation it was because someone brought him up. I knew I only had this job because of my dad, but I had to prove everyday why I deserved it.

How could one man, alone, make me feel so horrible. The only thing that brought me comfort was knowing there were only 10 shows left. Just ten more.

"Dad, I really don't want to do this." I said sitting on the desk chair across from him.

"Maia, he is already coming early so you have to. Just some pictures around the arena. We need more content for the website and this would be perfect."

I crossed my arms in front of me looking away from him. The last thing I wanted to do was be alone with Harry right now. Not after last night.

"Maia, what's gotten into you today?" He said leaning forward on the desk.

"Nothing dad. It's fine, I'll do it." I said turning back to him, biting my lip.

"You're doing that thing Maia. Biting your lip. Did something happen? I thought everything was fine, you've been out with everyone twice now."

I rolled my shoulders back, "It's nothing dad. Harry and I are just polar opposites, that's all. But it's fine, I'm professional, it's fine." I said starting to get up.

"You know, it sucks meeting someone we love so much, and them not being what we envisioned. It's okay to be upset, Maia."

"I honestly don't even care." I said turning to walk out.

After Harry's sound check I waited for him to get dressed, we had exactly one hour before they started letting everyone in and had to get these shots done quick.

When he came out I turned to look at him, and sucked in a long breath, looking away quickly.

Why must he look like that! Today!!

He was wearing a full denim outfit. Pants and a vest with no shirt underneath, two big stars on the front. It fit perfectly against him, his muscles in their full glory. His tattoos only helping to draw your eye sight to him.

"Ready?" He asked, his voice lacking it's usual harshness.

"Yeah, come on." I said leading the way, to the nearest elevator. This way we could move quicker.

"So we are just doing some photos around the arena?" He asked as we waited for the elevator.

"Yup." I said, tapping my foot a bit. When it finally arrived I stepped in before him, each of us standing in separate corners. I avoided eye contact with him and any conversation as we rode up.

When we got to the top floor we exited and I began directing him. Taking my photos quickly. We finished with my shot list in thirty minutes and I was pretty impressed with myself. We made our way back over to the elevator and began heading back down.