Book 1

Chapter 1

I opened up my door to a rundown apartment and knocked over a few things that were piling up, mostly trash. Clothes everywhere and bed was a mess. I sighed and cleaned up the place as I knew mom would scold me for it. I chuckled while remembering the times she got mad at me for being messy until tears burned down my cheek.

Y/n: I...miss you so much mom. I should've listened...

I continued to clean up the place and wiped my tears. I didn't do anything else but train. I exerted my body so much everyday with the same routine until I am used to it. It has been 6 months since then. She died in an attack back at home. They took care of the villain but they were unable to save her. I never wanted her to leave me like this. I never even got to say goodbye... These words repeated in my head as it pushed me to keep working out. Everyday before heading back home was a trainer known by Erasure Head. He came to my apartment when I first came to Japan to get me started on training. According to Erasure Head, or Aizawa, mom called in a favor to help me train in hand to hand. My mom was quirkless and my dad was unknown. But from what Aizawa learned about me was that I was able to enhance speed, agility, and strength with heightened awareness. In other words, it's as if I was too quick for the human eye, even with his quirk, he didn't see me move an inch, only to have just appeared somewhere else out of nowhere.

I was only two months away from enrolling into the school, UA, where Aizawa works. I was heading back from grocery shopping for dinner until I bumped into this cute girl. She had a troubled look on her face with eyes as if she had been crying. I looked behind her and looked like a group of street punks. I placed my hand over her head softly as she clenched my shirt.

Thug: Hey boy! You have something of ours!

Y/n: This? Here.

I tossed my groceries at them. They thought it was a joke and pulled out their switchblades. I then went behind the group as if they were frozen but they were just moving really slow. I made an extended index finger fist and hit the backside of two thugs and kicked the back of their legs to make them lose balance. I grabbed my groceries and went back to the girl. Time moved back to normal and two thugs groaned in pain while the other three fell backwards.

Thug: Agh! What the hell?!

Thug2: How did you!

Y/n: Looking for these?

I showed the group their weapons and unloaded the guns. I dropped them down to my feet and called the cops. Cops came over and arrested the thugs. The girl was confused on how I took them down without moving.

Y/n: Are you ok?

???: M-Mhm...

Y/n: Got a name?

Momo: Momo Yaoyorozu.

Y/n: Nice to meet you. I'm Y/n L/n.

Momo: Your name...Are you from around here?

Y/n: No, I came from the U.S. Anyways, did they do anything to you?

Momo: They...were harassing me...They cornered me and I was able to get away.

Y/n: I see. You got a quirk right?

Momo: Yeah...

Y/n: Then, how come you didn't fight back?

Momo: I...was too scared. I froze up and couldn't do anything.

Y/n: It's ok. You attending any schools?

Momo: I am enrolling in UA to become a hero.

Y/n: Oh cool. Same here.