1| The Phone Call

Note: I started this book when I was inexperienced in writing, so some names and I's aren't capital. I apologize but It gets better after the first few chapters. Thank you.

   A strawberry blonde vampire sat in a grimy and in her taste poorly decorated bar, somewhere in Georgia. To any other vampire sitting in a bar surrounded by werewolves would be nerve racking. Even though the two species have been at war since the beginning of time, she didn't mind the mutts, as her older brother always called them, she befriended them.

She sat with a friend, occasionally taking a sip from the cheap bourbon in her hands.

"Usually, my pack hates vampires. But somehow you've won them over." The brunette laughed, looking over at the rowdy guys on the other side of the bar.

Lydia scoffed, her red painted lips pulling into a bright smile. "What can I say? I just have that effect."

"You know, we're headed to the mountains. There's some more of us hiding up there, we thought we join them. It's not safe for us here anymore not with those crazy ass vampires hunting us but you should come."

Lydia was going to reply, but her phone rang. She looked down at the screen, her eyebrows knitted into a frown. Damon. She hadn't heard from him in twenty years, for good reason.

"Hold on,  Alex. This is my brother." Lydia answered the call as she made her way outside the bar.  "Damon, what an unexpected surprise. An awful one at that."

  "Lydia, I need your help."

"Of course." Lydia rolled her eyes. "I should have known from your track record. You only ever call when you're in trouble."

"It's Stefan. He flipped the switch."

Lydia sighed, her head falling back. She rubbed her forehead as if it would help ease the headache that this phone call was giving her.

The only person who successfully got Stefan to come back from his ripper side was his best friend, Lexi. So, if Damon was calling her for help, she figured Lexi wasn't around anymore to clean up their messes anymore.

"Where are you?"

"Home. Hurry up."

Home, Lydia thought. The small town named Mystic Falls, it was far from home. It made her mentally groan at the thought of being back in that town.

Lydia hung up the phone, after promising she'd come as quickly as she could. She headed back into the bar, finding her friend where she left her.

"I'm sorry, Alex. That was my brother. He needs me to go back to Mystic Falls."

"You know where to find me."

"So do you."

______

I'm currently editing this book.
So I'm sorry in advance for what
you're about to read, it's awful. 
xx