Santa Baby

Just a little catch up on the family trees:

The Agreste Family
Marinette and Adrien - Married at 20 years old
Had Louis and Emma at 20 (five months after their wedding)
Hugo was born 4 years later

The Couffaine Family
Luka and Kagami - had Bella at 22/23 years old
Adopted Morning when Bella was 10 years old
Morning was a baby when adopted - 3 months old.

The Lahiffe Family
Alya and Nino - had Rueben when Hugo was 4
Second baby – Alyssa was born when Rueben was 6.

•••••

Adrien stood staring at the Christmas tree, his heart breaking a little as he reminisced over the past. The children were all grown up now; there was no more leaving carrots out for the reindeers, or mince pies and milk for Father Christmas. There were no more family film nights, carol singing or game nights. There would be no more sneaking around at midnight to place the presents under the tree, with the added fear of the children finding out the truth about how they got there.

At fourteen, Emma and Louis had other plans. Louis was at a fencing friends party, and Emma was at the Couffaines with Bella and Morning, wanting to spend time with a preschooler rather than her dear old pops. Adrien was jealous of his friends, not because Emma was there but because Luka and Kagami were just hitting the prime Christmas years with the ferocious four year old, something that was a distant, yet fond, memory to him and Marinette.

Then there was Nino and Alya. Oh, man! He envied those two rotten. He could imagine them now, wrestling with their six year old and trying to get him to calm down enough to sleep. Adrien was certain there would be many wake ups for the couple between now and sunrise, Rueben desperate to venture downstairs to see if Santa had been and even if it wasn't Rueben wrecking their sleep pattern then their newborn baby girl, Alyssa, surely would be.

Rueben had been hyped! Telling everyone and anyone who would listen that Santa was bringing him a Chat Noir action figure for Christmas; what he didn't know was that his honorary uncle had signed the gift with a personalised message to the young one and the Chat Noir would be making a short stop off later Christmas Day to see the child.

To Nino and Alya's wishes, Rueben hadn't been introduced to the fact his parents and most of his 'aunties' and 'uncles' were the famous superheroes that saved Paris on multiple occasions. With no active villains around anymore, neither could see the point of putting him in that position and, to be honest, Adrien would have loved to have been able to do that with his own offspring. Unfortunately, the Agrestes were in too deep, and needed to keep one step ahead at all times.

Sighing, Adrien removed himself from glaring at the tree, resigning himself to the fact that this year would be the first Christmas he would be getting a full night's sleep — and more.

The twins had gotten past their Santa obsession about six years ago, the magic dropping for them at the tender age of eight, an age Adrien thought was far too young to stop believing. Luckily, they adored their younger brother and kept the ruse going right up to this year when Hugo declared he knew exactly where his Christmas presents came from, and it wasn't the jolly man in the red suit.

Adrien moved into the hallway and grabbed his coat and shoes, sitting on their bottom on the staircase to place the boots on and lace them up. The Agreste's were holding Christmas dinner the following day and Adrien had promised Marinette he'd go to her parents and pick up the desserts they were preparing so she could bake them in the morning ready for lunch.

She'd ordered a rather unusual selection this year, strange flavours he couldn't remember her ever having or liking in the past. Maybe she was finally making Hugo eat something more than chocolate flavoured delicacies.