part 02 ; smile!

alex's pov.

you appear at my door again. but instead you're there with a gloomy frown.

"drea? everything alright?" i question as my heart starts to beat out of my chest, but not in a good way. you shake your head as you take small steps into my house.

i sit you down on the couch as you spill out all your boy problems, and my heart starts to hurt knowing that you're probably in love with someone else.

you sob into my chest as i squeeze you lightly. i suck up my tears, knowing that this isn't an appropriate time to cry over you.

you cry and cry, wetting the whole left side of my shirt. you smile after what seemed like an endless amount of tears. i give you a kiss on the head, which you accept and you close your eyes as my soft lips touch your smooth skin.

i continue to pepper kisses on your head as i know that you love it when i give you kisses on your head. we cuddle in silence, until you speak up.

"alex?" you say as my head turns, you give me a quick smile and you say something but i was unable to hear it, "pardon me?" i say back and you take a deep breath as you chew on your lower lip, leaving a small cute mark from your teeth. "i love you." my eyes widen as i hear this. do you mean this in a friend way? "i love you too." i say softly, not wanting to make the situation more awkward.

your cheeks turn into a light red color and i can't help but smile more, your cuteness is so irresistible.

your eyes trail to my lips, and mine do too, but i don't know if i wanna take that step yet. you then look at me, with those pleading eyes. do you really want a kiss?

i give you a light smile, and you smile back again as your hand trails its way up my neck and onto my cheek. you start to caress my cheek lightly and my cheeks grow red too.

your hand travels back to my neck and we lay there again in each other's embrace. the silence turning into hard rain. we both stare at nothing while enjoying this moment together.

my hands make it to your waist, and i pulls you closer. my head lays on your head. we continue to cherish this moment.

i hear your phone ring, and i see it's your mom. i give you the phone and you have a quick conversation with her. you look at me with saddened eyes and i realize that you probably have to go.

"i have to go, alex." you say as your hand moves away from your ear slowly and drops right to your side. you take a few swift steps towards me and you gave me one of the most meaningful hugs ever. you pull away while your arms were still wrapped around my neck, you give me a quick peck on the lips. my stomach ends up doing a few flips. you kissed me quickly, and when i mean by quickly, i wasn't able to kiss back.

you gave me one of your small smiles, and instead, i get lost in your eyes. you let go of me and i immediately miss your touch. you head out the front door and i stand there, thinking about the kiss you just gave me.

do you like me after all? or are you just using me to escape your little boy problems?