C H A P T E R -13

The sun shined over the Khan's mansion, The old woman settled at the dinner table, wiping the sweat beads that formed on her forehead, she huffed walking down from her room to the dining hall

"Hey beautiful Dadi!", exclaimed Altamash, taking a seat opposite her not before pulling her cheeks at her cuteness, which made Dadi Zubaida smack his hands while passing a sharp glare.

The servants set the table, various delicacies surrounding it, Dadi Zubaida read dua thanking God for everything, whilst heartily praying for the needy who can't afford a single meal in a day.

She is a woman who wields empathy and love in her heart!

"Take a seat Aroosh." said Dadi, maneuvering Aroosh who smiled in respect. He took a seat beside Altamash whacking him playfully who rolled his eyes in return, showing off his attitude which made Aroosh stifle a laugh.

Their silence was broken when their eyes met a stunning pair of grey eyes, Aroosh took in her appearance as she descended the stairs, her eyes low showing off her long thick lashes, her hair draped in a brown hijab, while she donned floral olive green Maxi with exaggerated sleeves.

Her hands held a broken phone in her tight grip, which her parents had given her in case of crisis just to track her location in fear that she would elope with someone.

"Fayra come join us for Lunch." insisted Dadi Zubaida, in her demanding tone, gesturing at the seat beside her, which made Fayra surprised. Her mind clouded with questions, her heart encompassed in pain and fear, eyes clasping emotions.

She must be frightened about Musa's reaction; meanwhile, it was inscribed all over her face!

Fayra shook her head in denial, glancing at Aroosh and Altamash who seemed to be Implore her with their gaze, which made her heart remorseful yet she was helpless in anyways.

"Please take a seat Bhabhi!" Implored Altamash meanwhile Aroosh eagerly nodded his head pleading. Fayra glanced at Dadi, who nodded her head with a kind smile tugging at the nook of her lips, the wrinkles on her face apparent when her eyes glistened with love and humble smiles.

Fayra couldn't resist that smiling face of Dadi as she took a seat beside her, fidgeting her fingers in apprehension, whilst her eyes wet with tears for the people who aren't even her family, yet they treat her like their own family, it was her first experience sitting on a table and having a meal as for the rest of her life she was served food in the storeroom of her house.

The meals were served, whilst Fayra just picked up a simple roti with chicken, staring at others in shyness, and Dadi Zubaida patted her head in affection.