Chapter 5

"Hi." August answered. "August,what are you doing at Maxs house?" Steve asked. August rolled her eyes. "I'm having a sleepover." "And you shouldn't care." August said as she leaned on the wall. "Yeah,right,we'll do you wanna come to my house for a pool party tomorrow night?" "And Max." Steve included. "No." August said as she hung up. August walked to Maxs room and slept on the floor and she wasn't even shivering. In the morning Max woke up and shook August. "August!" "Why didn't you sleep in my bed?" Max asked. "I don't sleep in people's bed." "Only mine." August said. Max sighed. "Steve wants you to go to his pool party." August said. "What about you?" Max asked. "I'm not interested." August said. "Oh,cmon,August,you get to see Steve!" Max smiled but August still had a frown. "I don't want to see Steve." August explained. Max sighed again. "I don't care." "Your going." Max said as she got up. "Can I bring somebody?" August asked. "Sure?" Max laughed. August slowly smiled as she knew she could bring Eddie.

A few hours later at 00 August got on her bike and drove to Uncle Ricks house. Eddie answered the door and smiled. "Do you need goggles?" August asked calmly. "No,why?" Eddie asked. "Cause I thought you'd be a baby for Steve's party." August said. Eddie rolled his eyes. "And why am I going?" Eddie asked. "Because I need you to protect me..if you can." August smiled. "Fine,let's go." Eddie said as they got on the bikes.

An hour later they arrived at Steve's house at 6:00. Steve ran to August smiling. He hugged August but she pushed him back. Steve frowned as he saw Eddie. "Is that Eddie?" Steve asked. "Yes,that's my brother and if you hurt him I hurt you..but worse than you hurt Eddie." August said. Steve laughed and nodded. Steve and Eddie shook hands.

A few minutes later everyone was in the pool except August. Steve got out of the pool and tried to sneak up on August. Steve grabbed August's hand and threw her in the pool. August got back up and saw Steve jump in as well. August made a face at him. "Can you swim?" Steve asked. August nodded. "Alright everyone get inside." Steve said. Everyone sighed and went inside. August and Steve got out of the pool and August was shivering even tho she tried not to show it. Steve grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her. "Better?" Steve asked. August didn't say anything. "I'll see you inside." Steve smiled as he shut he door. Suddenly August realized she was falling in love with Steve.

August ran upstairs in Steve's room until Max grabbed her hand. "August,what are you going in Steves room for?" Max smirked. "It's not like that." "I just need clothes." August said. "Like Steves clothes?" Max smiled. "No,Max." August said as she ran into his room. "Hey,August." Steve smiled. August didn't say anything. "August,are you okay?" "Cause I pushed you in the pool." Steve laughed. August walked in front of him and Steve stared into her eyes. "I love you,Steve." August said. August slowly kissed him. Steve slowly put his arms around her waist kissing her. August stopped kissing him and looked at him. "I have to go." August sighed. "Can you please stay?" Steve asked. "No,I need to take care of my brother,Eddie." August said with a frown. Steve sighed and kissed her hand and watched her go downstairs.

August got downstairs and saw Eddie taking shots. "Jesus,Eddie." August said as she ran to him. "Hey,doggy." Eddie said in a drunk voice. August grabbed all the alcohol and threw it on the ground. "Hey,that will hurt them!" Eddie yelled. August grabbed Eddie's hand and threw him on the couch. August wrapped the blanket on him. "Now,try to sleep." August said.

August walked back upstairs and saw Steve smiling so big. "I guess I can stay." August sighed. Steve smiled. He ran to her and kissed her. Steve and August lied on the bed kissing. The next morning August woke up and saw Steve's shirt off and her shirt off and they were snuggling. "I have to go,now." August said as she woke Steve up. "Can you stay?" "I don't wanna wake up with you gone." Steve said with a tired voice. "I would leave even if I didn't have too." August said. Suddenly August realized she forgot about Eddie on the couch. August put her shirt back on and got up. "I love you." Steve smiled as he got up. "I hate you too." August smiled as she rolled her eyes. Steve got up and kissed her. August grabbed his hand and threw him back on the bed. "Now,i'm leaving." August said as she ran out of the room.

As she got downstairs she saw Eddie staring at her. "I saw you and Steve last night." "I knew you loved him." Eddie smiled. "I don't." "I was probably drunk last night." August said.