Stressed Out

As soon as Shen Qingqiu makes it to his bamboo house, he scurries towards his bed and crawls under it. It was a last resort to him, because of the risk of a disciple needing him, or a fellow peak lord coming in only to find him vulnerable, but it worked the best, because the setting felt familiar, and smelt familiar. And it allowed him to cry without anyone in the room.

As soon as he settled under the bed, settling close to the wall, he let his tears fall. His shoulders started shaking quickly from the familiar feeling of struggling to breath and with effort to keep quiet his sobs. He hated feeling like this after only an hour or two around men who tended to unintentionally dominate the room(Even Qi Qingqi had begun to set him off). He always felt like he was a target in those situations.

He may not have personally lived through Shen Jiu's memories, but it sure as hell felt like it.

He started hugging his shoulders as breathing become harder and harder from trying to keep quiet. Eventually, the dam broke even more and he started verbally sobbing as well.

It took a few hours, but eventually he calmed down enough to go into an eerily dead looking state, body going still and face looking numb. His tears still dripping down his face, but his breathing returned to normal, quickly diminishing the rest of his tears. He felt like a kid again, from his previous life, hiding in his mother's lap after his puppy died. Except he wasn't a kid anymore, and his mother was replaced by a small, tight space, and no puppy had died.

He finally found the courage to roll out from underneath the bed, noting how the sun had just left the sky. The meeting wasn't short, added with his breakdown, he felt worn out, along with an uncomfortably hot head. He quickly dragged his bathtub into a different room before filling it with water, waiting for it to cool down just enough for him to settle in, and stripped to do just that. After he settled, he couldn't help but shed a few more tears, hurriedly wiping them off his face, he washed up and cleaned his face before stepping out and changing into sleeping robes.

After changing, he braided his hair and dragged himself towards his bed and lied down, leading his head towards the pillow. It only took a few minutes to fall asleep this time, normally taking up to an hour, but it was no wonder. All of the mental stress and tears had tuckered him out, so now he was able to fall asleep faster. He didn't think about how his Liu-shidi looked at him, with the weird concerned look, and drifted off into a comfortable slumber.