Monthly Meeting

Shen Qingqiu had woken up on time, a weird usual compared to his previous life, and began the day as normal. Getting dressed, eating breakfast, reading a little of his book, then leaving to greet his disciples and check up on them.

He noticed that the seniors had been able to manage leading the younger ones through the correct meditation methods and help them start to balance themselves mentally.

He nodded in approval, planning on seeing if he could squeeze some time in to visit the brothel and fill them in on the new arrangements, along with telling them about the meeting today, to give them a heads up in case he sees them later on today after the meeting.

They've gotten used to his breakdowns after the meetings, being surrounded by a bunch of domineering men set him off after all, and had even let him cry in a rectangular box, much like a closet not built into the wall, that they had placed in one of their lounge rooms. Tighter spaces made him feel more at ease, as long as it was of his own free will and he didn't feel trapped.

But alas, he wasn't able to sneak off before one of An Ding's disciples came over to inform him that the meeting was starting soon. He nodded and sent them off, then turned around and told one of the passing seniors that he was leaving for the parent/teacher conference. At least that's what it felt like. Maybe. He had never been to one in his past life, being the sickly child he was.

The meeting was as boring as always. Along with his normal snideness and racing heart, everything was normal, except for one thing. A certain brute was staring at him. It set him off even more to know he somehow caught the stupid jock's attention. His Liu-shidi was somehow managing to stare at him and still pay enough attention to understand what was going on. It was impressive, for him anyway.

Poor Mu Qingfang. He was worked yesterday, along with some of his disciples helping out. Normally they focused on being taught medicine, then after their studies, put it into practice. Some of the disciples were fresh out of collage, so to speak, and were slightly stressed out.

The reasoning for their stressful work load was also the same brute who was staring at him.

Seriously, what had he done to snag this man's attention?!

He'd find out in a little while, after the meeting's over, right before he rushes to the brothel.

Speak of the devil, luck must have been on his side. The meeting ended just a few minutes later, with their Zhangmen-shixiong giving a last minute chore for all the peak lords.

"Right before the meeting concludes, I would like you to know I've organized a little banquet with Huan Hua Palace! It will take place next month, An Ding will give you the date. It would be good to start socializing a little more with them before the Immortal Alliance Conference."

This poor male Ning Ying Ying, always creating some form of tension.

Shen Qingqiu, per cue, scoffed and rolled his eyes, face hidden by his fan.

Stupid brute just stared even more intensely.

The other peak lords nodded, even if Shang Qinghua was slightly crying at the workload coming up.

After everyone was dismissed, Shen Qingqiu was one of the last ones out. His 'Qi-ge' liked to hold him back and converse about how his 'Xiao Jiu's' peak was going.

"Qingqiu-shidi, how is your peak? I heard one of your disciples has broken his arm?"

"My peak is fine, Zhangmen-shixiong. Yes, one of mine's arm is broken. An accident during a spar. Mu Qingfang fixed him up quickly and is back to training."

"Xiao Jiu-... Qingqiu-shidi, you shouldn't put him under so much physical stress so early..."

"Who said he was doing physical labor?!"

With that, he promptly turned around and walked out, his fan, thank god for his fan, was carefully placed to hide his slight sneer at his 'Qi-ge's' merciful behavior. It made his skin crawl, knowing that he acted like that. It made him feel like he was thinking of him as a monster, and instead of trying to fix the problem, he simply excused it, telling others that his defiances towards said others was excusable, therefore creating hatred towards him.

He almost forgot about questioning is Liu-shidi about his staring, before realizing that the man had actually stayed and watched the interaction, and was currently following him. He felt set off, panic starting to arise before he shoved it down and snapped at him.

"Why are you so set on staring at me?! Do I have something on my face?!"

He blinked in surprise, like he was sure his staring wasn't being noticed.

"No. There is nothing on your face."

"Then what's with the staring?!"

He wasn't actually yelling at the poor 'kicked puppy' looking guy. If it was the look he was going for, anyway. He simply hung his head slightly.

"I couldn't stop myself. Something seemed different today." A head tilt. "Are you okay? You seem stressed."

"If you had eyes so set on staring at you, wouldn't you feel stressed?!"

"No. I would just beat them up."

No wonder you haven't been able to get a sister, you scare them more then you attract them.

After a heavy sigh, he simply turned around and speed walked away, determining that he wouldn't be able to make it to the brothel in time to hide his growing distress.

At least his disciples had known not to disturb him after a meeting. Not because they knew, but because they assumed the meeting was just extremely stressful from a workload standpoint.

He always left candy for them as a 'Thank you', so it worked out.