13. Change

Hello friends! Hopefully this story is out a bit sooner than my last update time :,) so sorry this has been getting less frequent, i wont lie the holiday szn really gets to my productivity. Anyways, enjoy!
Song recommendation: When The Night Begins To Fall by James The Seventh
_____________

Your heart pounded against your chest at an uneven pace. Your face hot, hands clammy; everything was turning your world upside down.
'He loves me?'
Your breathing was heavy, but contained enough to not alert your close companion.
'He loves me'
Your hand rested above your heart.

Love was something talked about in storybooks and songs. Something for the yearning every day girl, something for the lonely.
And yet, he loved me?
Insecurity hadn't been something that conflicted with you until now.
Before, you were just [Y/N]. Bartender. Villager. Just someone from Mondstadt.
But now, you had a lot to think about.

It had been a long silence shared between the two of you, awkward on your end. Light snores came from Venti as he held you.
'How do I respond?'
__________________

A day spent pacing drew to a halt when the bard got up and stretched.
His yawn made you halt as your heart jumped against your chest.
"Good morning [Y/N]." He said groggily, rubbing his eyes.
A light yet nervous smile graced your face, "Good morning, sleepy."

Venti sat on the bed and smiled.
"You slept all day you know, it's almost eight." Venti's eyes widened as he looked towards the open curtains, "it's sunset already!"
"Crazy how that happens," you say with a sarcastic tone.
Venti gets up and hurriedly puts on his attire.
"Where do you think you're going?" You ask.
"Well we can't waste the rest of the day!" He pulls on his shoe and pulls you by the wrist out the door, "I'm not dressed correctly!" You flush and look down.
Venti blinked at the change of character, "You always wear this, dont you?"
You clear your throat of nervousness.

He's right, you do always wear this. But tonight didn't feel right. Wearing this now made you feel underdressed. After all, you had someome admiring you now.

"I just don't think it fits anymore!" You pull your hand back and cover your waist.
Venti turns to you and looks you up and down. "Hey!" You push his head to the side to look away.
"We can always buy new clothes!" He says as he turns to head down the market road.
You sigh and follow him down the road.

Liyue was a different place at night. The golden lights reflected off of orange floating leaves. Soft instrumental music flowed through the breeze just enough to hear it. And then theres Venti, gentle breezes brushing through his undone braids and now loose shirt. He should dress like this more often.

"Hello, miss?"

The textile woman snapped you out of your admiring daze.
She giggled at your reaction, causing you to blush.
"So what are we in the market for?" She waves for you to enter her small, open shop.
The textures and patterns were gorgeous. You turn to face Venti, to see that he's already disappeared.
"Are you looking for more liyue styled clothing, or imported selections?"  You stutter to think, "May I see the imported stuff?" You nervously scratched at your neck for your lack of etiquette.

The woman leads you down counters by name. Mondstadt, Inazuma, Sumeru, Fontain...
So many places you have yet to see.
Mondstadt clothing was something you had experienced all your life, inazumas clothing was much too thick.
Fontains clothing was beautiful but much too extravagant.
Sumerus clothing made you halt.
The drapey fabric was enough to keep you cool in this recent heat. The gold embellishments and beautiful embroidery helped with your decision.

"Ahh, a very good choice. Would you like to try it?" The woman asks as she admires the piece you hold.
You nod and head to the back of the shop.
_______________

Venti had strolled to a nearby shop you had ogled during the first few days of arriving in liyue. A couple commissions helped with the expenses of such a luxurious gift. He chuckled and skipped at the thought of you being proud he had the ability to save money, instead of spending it on alcohol of course.
Venti looked for the particular gemstone brooch. Was it purple? No, no. Yellow? He gazed over until the exact stone caught his eye. A beautiful green and blue stone sparkled in the case.
______________

You stepped out from behind the curtain in the flowing attire. The textile woman gasped and clapped at the sight. You smiled And picked up the hems and twirled. The jewels and gold hanging from the outfit jingled so lightly.
"I think it's perfect!" You say towards her.
You excitedly pay her for the attire and thank her for the input. As you walk out you bump into someone.
"[Y-Y/N]?" Venti stutters and gazes at you.
His eyes wander up and down the beautiful outfit.
"Is it okay? I know it's-"
"It's perfect!" He blurts out and smacks his forehead.
"I mean- it's great."
The lack of subtle composure made you laugh.
"Hey I'm serious!" He whined as you laughed at him.
"I know, thank you." You say, finishing up your laughing fit.
_____________

The excursion drew deep into the night as you proceeded to get food, enjoy local music, and browse the harbor.
The two of you walked side by side, looking around and enjoying one another's company.
"You look good tonight." You said, looking down.
"You think so?" Venti asks, pushing his hair back.
"I like when you look older." You say as you look towards him.
He laughs and pulls you into a alleyway between two shops.
"What are you doing?"
"Close your eyes real quick."
You listen and close your eyes.

Light wind picked up and just as quickly stopped.
"Open."
You slowly opened your eyes to see Venti.
Not normal Venti, he was different.
He was taller than you, he had darker black hair, and a more mature look.
He was older.
A few seconds of stunned silence and he pouted, "I thought you said you'd like it!" He crossed his arms
You sighed, 'it still acts like Venti'
"I do like it, its just..."
"It's just?"
"Im not used to it." You
Blush and look to the side.  Venti looked at you with a familiar look, one you could now put a name to; adoration.
"Alright, close your eyes again." You listened and waited for the wind to pick up.
Instead, you felt gentle lips press against yours.