11. Late Night Confessions

Hi hi! How have you been? Sorry ive been so busy recently:,) how are you? How have your pulls been? I wish you nothing but to win ur 50/50s <3
Song recommendation:
Opal Angel by Luna Li
_________________

Night time struck and the group returned to their rooms. Two double beds, once again.
Luckily enough, it seems Aether agreed to sleep with the loud snoring Paimon in the opposite room.

Well... According to Venti.

The bard almost danced across the room. The gold accessories and draperies were fitting of a king. We were in the city of wealth and business, after all.

You hummed as you got dressed for bed behind a screen, listening to the light wind blowing through the windows.
Stepping out from behind the screen, you chuckle.
"You're happy today hm?" You say as you watch the bard dance around, taking off his corset.
"Is it not a great day?" He replies, turning to you.
You smile and look out the window to the port.

The wind and smell of the sea reminded you so much of the coast of Mondstadt. Incredible how a few days can make you so homesick.

Venti leans over your shoulder and looks at the port. "Do you think the water is too cold to swim?"
You snort at the sudden comment, "You want to swim at this hour?"
Venti turns away and huffs, "Maybe I do!" You turn to him. "By all means knock yourself out." You walk back to the large bed behind a screen.
Footsteps follow behind.

Falling into the bed engulfed you in a mass of soft, silky blankets. The smooth and cool sensation enough to make you sigh in relief.
"I could live here forever!" You exclaim.
Venti plops next to you and replies in a grumpy tone, "What about our home, hm?"
"What, wet morning grass and the sun waking us up?"
"Yes!"
You sit up and tease him,
"Maybe you can live like that because you're immortal, I want to live my small life in comfort!"
Venti goes silent.
"Venti?"
You touch his shoulder. Venti sits up and looks at you with an indescribable sad look.

"What will I do when you're gone?"

The question took a moment to sink in.
"I suppose find a new me." It was a simple reply, and you meant it too.
What else could you say? I am but a moment, a second of his life.
"You'll probably make a lot of friends like me you know." You smile to him. It pained you to think of leaving him alone. What will happen ten years from now? What will happen in twenty, thirty? When youre old and gray?
And all the while, he's still Venti.

"I don't want that to happen." He mumbled into a pillow. You smile lightly and embrace him. You didn't want it either of course. But it was nobody's fault. You just happened to care for a god.
One that will live much longer than you.
"As long as you remember me I'll live on." You try to reassure him. "I still have probably sixty years to go."
Venti hummed in response.
"What do you want to do with your life?" He asks.
"You're hitting me with a bunch of hard questions tonight, are you okay?" You pull him back by his shoulders.
"I just want to know!" He pouts and pulls you down.

Your head was in his lap and you looked up to him, smiling " I just want to be happy with you right now."

Venti's heart skipped a beat.

You took a moment to realize how embarrassing it sounds.
"Im sorry! That sounds so stupid!" You cover your face with your hands.

Venti stared at your covered face for a moment.
Was that a confession? Does she like me?
He gently brushed his fingers against your hands.
"I want that too." He said in a simple, almost yearning tone.

You pull down your hands enough to see.
Looking up, you meet Venti's eyes staring into yours. The look of his face was so embarrassing, so strange to describe. But god, you wanted to look at it longer.
Your eyes fluttered from embarrassment and you look down.
"[Y/N]?"
You look back up to him, "Yes?"

Venti looked down into your gorgeous, glowing eyes. His breathing was getting harder, his cheeks were burning. Every time he spoke he held back the urge to just say it.
Say that he loved you.
Say that he could never replace you.
The urge to say he couldn't live without you.
To hear your voice alone is a gift he was blessed with. To be able to hold you and touch your frame was something he would trade his heavenly powers for.

And to call you his, he would lay down everything, even his life.

The silence was an eternity between the two.

Your chest, rising and falling to the beat of your overwhelmed heart. Did you know what he was going to say, did you want him to say it?

"[Y/N], I wa-"
BANG BANG BANG

The two of you jump at the sudden slamming at your door. You sit up, cheeks flushed, and rush to the door.
The moment it unlocks Aether swings it open, "Rex Lapis is dead."

________________

You and Venti sat as far away from each other on the bed as Aether recounts the news of todays events.
Venti has a look of confusion as the story is recounted.
"And you're being helped by-"
"The Fatui." Aether replies with a straight face.
"I know-"
"You know what? That they're probably the ones that did this?" You sit up angrily, thinking back to the harsh mishandling of Dvalin by the Fatui.
Aether looks down at his shoes and sighs.

You turn around and calm yourself down before talking again, "So what do you need to do?"
"I need to prepare for his funeral." Aether replies and tells you of a certain gentleman from the funeral parlor.
"Do you need help?" Venti asks, pulling his shoes on.
"No- I think ill be able to handle this. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow when its over."