Chapter 2

One month later in Arkham...

Harley and Ivy are the bestest of friends. Ivy helps Harley cope everyday, and still tells her he isn't coming back for her. Harley feels more convinced everyday, but still has this deep feeling he still thinks of her.

Ivy and Harley are currently playing truth or dare with each other, Harley sitting on the bed and Ivy against the cell door. Ivy rests her palm on her forehead, squinting and furrowing her eyebrows.

"Peanut, can you grab my water? It's right next to you, I'm feeling a little extra dry today." Ivy points with her other hand to the cup of water resting on the small table next to the bed. Harley looks at her with concern as she hands Ivy the cup.

"Pam, are you okay? You've seemed a little too dry these days." Harley sounds worried. Ivy looks at her after taking a long sip of water.

"I'm okay, Harl. Ya girl needs her water to stay alive, you know," Ivy raises an eyebrow, finishing her water "Yeah I'll ask the guards later for more water. Where were we?"

Harley watches Ivy's skin suddenly become more silkier, smoother, younger. She is a plant, after all. She could die with no water. Maybe I should start giving her my water cups...

"Harl? Did you hear me? Truth or dare!" Ivy waves her hand around. She isn't directly infront of Harley but Ivy knows her enough to know Harley goes deep into her own thoughts, tracing back to Harleen.

"Oh, yeah! Dare."

"I dare you to confront Joker," Ivy slightly frowns. Harley opens her mouth, but Ivy shushes her quick "Harley, you know he's no good for you."

"I.." Harley starts. Ivy is right, he left me here for a month. He does this everytime. Come on, Harley! How could you not notice the red flag? "You're right.."

"Mhhm. Damn straight I am." Ivy lay on her back, falling onto the bed. Harley slowly climbs in bed with her, awkwardly laying next to Ivy.

"Red, do you really believe I can do better than Mistah J? There's no one like him-"

"There is many better men out there. Or... girls. I don't think you're interested in any of that but... it's there as an option." Ivy moves over so Harley can lay down more comfortably.

"N-no... that isn't my thing.. yeah." But what if it was my thing? Harley feels her ears burning.

Ivy notices but pushes it away... for now. She tucks some hair behind her ear and clears her throat. She slightly shifts her position, giving Harley more room to lay. Harley gets the hint and moves in. Ivy looks up at the ceiling.

Why has Harley been acting so different lately? I know she's going through some patches with that green headed freak, but she shouldn't be so upset about it. I wanna comfort her the best I can, I wanna be a good friend.

Ivy's thoughts are interrupted by Harley's soft snores beside her. Looking down, seeing Harley curled up, she pulls Harley closer.

Harley loves being in Ivy's presence. Harley told Ivy that it helps her sleep better. And how could Ivy ever forget those words?

Harley opens her eyes, feeling hands on her body, being shifted. She hums relief feeling  the soft green hands wrapped around Harley. She knows Ivy is the only one there, the only one to protect her. She feels... safe.

Ivy hears those snores again, assuming that when they stop, Harley is slightly awake. But she went back to sleep. How cute is that! And how cute are her snores-

What are you thinking? She's your best friend, Pamela!

But what if I can't help it?