Chapter 2: The Mission

As Chase slowly woke up, he found himself alone in his pup house. He let out a sigh of relief, as for once he was spared the embarrassment of waking up before her. He stretched softly and stepped out of his pup house. He glanced around looking for the rest o his teammates in the distance he heard a peal of soft laughter as he looked over and saw the rest of his playing with Zach. They seemed to all be trying to knock him all to the ground, yet despite their efforts, the wolf still stood. As he looked, he noticed that one pup was missing from the group, Skye. He walked closer and saw her sitting a few feet away, watching the group hesitantly. Chase walked up beside her and sat down. Her eyes were wide with fear as she stared at the group. "Skye?" Chase said softly. Her whole body seized for a moment before she looked back at Chase. "Are you okay?" He asked as he gently placed his paw on her back. She gave him a soft smile and nodded softly.

"Yeah." She said before turning to face the group With a running start, Everest had finally managed to knock Zach off balance and the rest of the pups took advantage and finally managed to push the wolf off balance. Zach groaned before a burst of surprisingly soft laughter filled the air. Both Chase and Skye sat there, shocked by the sound.

"Okay, okay, You guys win." Zach said before standing up, "I'll play soccer with you."

"Yes!" Zuma screamed triumph as he sprinted to the field. "I told you so!" Zach chuckled and began to follow.

"Alright, Alright," Zach said, chuckling a bit. He looked over at Skye and Chase. "You guys want to come to play?" He asked curiously. Chase shook his head and Skye did the same and the group began to discuss the teams among themselves, but before they could come up with a solid plan, all their pup tags lit up and beeped. They all rushed to the pup tower, leaving Zach in a small daze. "Where are you guys going?!" He hollered,

"Ryder needs us!" They all screamed in unison, causing Zach to suddenly follow the group. They all went into the elevator and as if by magic the pups had their suits on, leaving Ty and Zach both bewildered and impressed. As the elevator reached the top, Chase leaped to the middle of the room, with the others following after him. Zach hung at the elevator door as the team lined up side by side, they faced Ryder's heads held high as they did. Ty was impressed by this, but Zach felt an all too familiar feeling crawl up his spine for a moment before brushing it off. "Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder, Sir!" Chase said in a serious tone.

"Sorry to interrupt your game, pups, but we have a serious situation to deal with." He tapped his tablet and a small snow leopard appeared on-screen and is seen hopping out of its broken transport cage and sprinting into the woods.

"We got a call from a scared zookeeper who said that they hit a hole and broke an axle, sending the cage off the truck and onto the ground, breaking the bars, and letting the snow leopard go. We're doing things a little differently, and we're splitting into two teams, one to help the zookeepers and another to find the snow leopard." He swiped his tablet and popped a recycling tag.

"Rocky, I need you and your truck, so we can fix the truck's axle." He swiped again and up popped a yellow tag. "Rubble, you're coming with me and Rocky to help fill in the pothole, so this doesn't happen again. " He swiped his pad again and up popped 4 tags. "Everest, Marshall, Chase, and Skye. I need you four to help search for the snow leopard in the woods. I want you guys to stick together. Even without a snow leopard on the prowl, these woods are filled with wild animals."

"We can help," Ty said, stepping up. Everyone turned and looked at him as he continued. "Zach and I spend hours in those woods, Zach here could probably sniff them out with little to no effort." Zach looked up at Ty, a little offended he was being spoken for, but chose not to say anything.

"Okay, Zach and Ty will lead you four to find the snow leopard," Ryder said as gently put the tablet away. All the pups jumped into the slide and got into their vehicles. They drove to the location and when they got there, Zach and Ty were already there. Zach was sniffing the inside of the cage as Ryder got off his ATV. "H-How did you guys get here before us?" Ryder asked, a bit confused. Ty let out a dry chuckle as he gave a playful shrug.