cotton candy

Aubrey mindlessly scrolled on her phone, filled with boredom. She was waiting for her group of hooligans, leaning on her scooter and trying to pass time. Eventually, she got annoyed and opened her messages.

aubs🎉: where the hell r u guys?
aubs🎉: kim???

kimberly: heysorry were gonna be late

She glared at her phone. Late? She'd been waiting for 30 minutes already.

aubs🎉: define late
aubs🎉: ive been here for like half an hour hurry up 💀💀

Not waiting for a response, she shut off her phone and put it in the back pocket of her denim skirt. Crossing her arms, she furrowed her brows and stood silently, pondering what to do in the meantime. She was suddenly startled by the sound of jingling. Turning her head to the noise, she saw a small shop that was small, cute, and pink. Someone entered through the door, and it jingled again. So that's where that noise was coming from. What a cute shop. I should buy Kim something from there...She thought.

She pulled out her wallet and counted her money. It was probably enough to buy a couple things since she had time. Figuring her friends would take a while, she let herself into the shop. The door jingled as she opened it, looking around. On display there were stuffed animals, a few pastries and sweets, posters, and things like bows, teacups, jewelry, etc. She studied the room, occasionally considering buying something but deciding not to. Finally, Aubrey's eyes settled on some cotton candy by the pastries. Didn't Kim say she liked this stuff? She wondered, walking over and checking its price. She was lucky she managed to find something in the shop, because even though it was cute, it was nothing close to what Kim would like. "This should be good enough." She said out loud.

After paying, she walked out, hearing the bells on the door jingle again. Finally spotting the hooligans, she ran over immediately. When Kim saw her, she started waving. "Aubrey!! There you are! Oh, is that cotton candy?" She asked, noticing it as Aubrey came closer. "Yeah...you like the sweet stuff, right? I got it for you." She looked away and held it out in front of her. Kim slowly took it from her, smiling slightly. "Aww, Aubs, didn't know you had a soft side." Aubrey glared at her. "Shut up." She responded curtly.

Angel rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, we get it, you two are gay. But what are we gonna do this weekend?" He asked. "We're not--" Aubrey didn't finish her sentence, just glared daggers at the small boy. He pretended to not know she was staring into his soul and probably wanted his head on a stake. "Err...well, we could have some kinda hangout at someone's house." Vance suggested. "Figured. Wait- you guys are cool with Sunny, Kel, and Basil, right? Can they hang with us?" Aubrey pleaded. Mikhael, or better known as "The Maverick", shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I think we're all fine with those puny boys." A couple nods of agreement, and Aubrey smiled. "All right! Then screw the house thing, tomorrow or later today, we meet at our hangout spot. Be there." She said the last two words in a threatening tone and everyone nodded again, not desiring any conflict.

Aubrey turned away, and then after a while, reached her hand out to Kim's and grabbed it. Kim didn't say anything, but they both held hands silently. Angel just stared quietly at them while Kim ate her cotton candy and Aubrey stared into the distance, pretending like she was looking at something.

They both gripped tighter.

(yeah, i kinda gave you guys a whole chapter of kimbrey. and guess what? THERES MORE. i have realized kimbrey shippers are starved so i decided to feed them. dw, if you dont like kimbrey, you can skip this chapter, it isnt really relevant. just wanted to give you guys a little something :D -saturday)