Chapter 1: Maia

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah?" I turned around and he tossed a snack size Twix at me and I smiled.

"Thank yoooou!"

I walked into the dressing room hallway and my dad was in the middle of his meeting with the staff. I leaned against a wall listening to him, not wanting to interrupt.

"Our main goal as always is to make sure that the main act feels at home during their residency, they usually bring in their own decorations and details but we need to make sure they can have couches, and chairs as requested. You will all receive the email this week with his final break down, so please put your heads together if there is something we can't get for him."

He looked around and finally caught my gaze. I waved my fingers at him and he rolled his eyes, meaning he was really upset today. I took a deep breath pressing my lips together hoping he would get over it quickly.

I loved my dad, with everything in me, but when he was upset, we would tend to bump heads more than I would like.

I waited quietly until he wrapped up his meeting, when he finally did, he walked over to me crossing his arms.

"Maia. We've been over this, you cannot be late. Especially with being my daughter, you cannot be as late as today. I was almost late to my meeting waiting for you." His elevens were strongly present between his eyebrows and I nodded.

"I'm sorry dad. I left late, but then I really would of made it on time. But the train—Maia."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Excuses are just that, excuses I know."

"So just do better. Also, our new residency act is stopping by any minute to tour everything, go grab your camera and be ready. Meet me back here in ten minutes. Ten minutes, Maia."

"Okay, okay," I rolled my eyes pushing off the wall and heading back to his office. It's bad enough having a stern boss, it's even worse when it's your father.

I fiddled with my camera as I made my way back down to the dressing room area. For some reason my light settings weren't adjusting in the way I needed, and I desperately needed it fixed before I met back up with my dad.

I looked down clicking around until I finally found the menu setting I was looking for, and as I did, I walked harshly into someone. I knocked myself back a bit, but managed to stay on my two feet.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" I said and peeked up, realizing I bumped straight into Harry Styles, "Oh my gosh, you're...you're Harry Styles." I was used to bumping into people coming in and out of here for meetings and such, but the inner 16 year old in me was currently screaming at the fact Harry Styles was in front of me.

"And you're in my way." He said matter of factly before stepping around me and continuing his walk.

You know how they say don't meet your heroes? This moment is exactly why.

I scoffed quietly and said to myself, "Um, wow. Rude." I shook my head. I turned back towards the dressing rooms and continued making my way.

I got back to the hallway before my dad and began taking test shots to make sure my lighting situation was fixed. This was my favorite way to capture MSG, when it was empty. It really was just such a beautiful building. I couldn't help but feel like I had seen every crack, every light, every ever present detail throughout the building. It truly was like a second home.

"Maia, sweetie, there you are! I want you to meet," I turned around as my dad spoke and it took everything in me to not let my jaw drop, "Harry Styles. He's our new resident, for 15 shows."

Harry's gaze landed on mine, and he didn't even wince. No expression was on his face and I bit my lip, walking over and extending out my hand, "Nice to meet you." I said as kindly as possible.

He looked down at my hand then back at me before taking it and shaking it softly, "Nice to meet you too."

I took a deep breath smiling small at my dad, "So just want some BTS from the tour I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, just follow us around, get some shots to post an anticipation post on socials."

"Got it. You two carry on, pretend I'm not here." I smiled.

"Just make sure you don't trip and fall," Harry said shortly and to that my jaw dropped slightly.

"Ah, no she's pretty good on her feet. You should see some of the shots she manages to get during shows. She may be my daughter, but I swear I'm not being biased."

My dad smiled proudly at me and I shook my head, "Thanks dad. Now let's get this started."

My dad showed Harry around the Garden, pointing out some of the minor changes made since he had been here last. Harry talked about which dressing room was his favorite and my dad said he would make sure to assign that as his.

I snapped some shots of them talking, and was surprised when I grabbed a great one of Harry laughing. I kept analyzing Harry as I grabbed pictures of him. He didn't seem anything like what I expected. He was always so charismatic on stage and in interviews, yet what I had witnessed so far seemed so out of character. I shook my head quickly reminding myself that he was an entertainer, and sometimes that meant they were putting on the best act.

We made our way out to the stage area, and my dad walked over to me as Harry looked around.

"How are they coming out?" He put his arm around me and I showed him a couple.

"Pretty great, I was thinking posting in black and white, and then keep posting leading up pictures slowly adding color in." I smiled clicking through them.

"I really like that idea sweetie. I can't wait to see the mock up." He smiled down at me before letting go as Harry made his way back to us.

Harry's gaze stayed on my dad as he spoke, "Would you mind getting a shot for me? Normally my photographer gets it for me, but he couldn't come today."

My dad looked at me then back at Harry, "Yeah, she can take whatever you want."

I nodded even though Harry wasn't looking at me. He pulled out his phone and clicked around showing me a picture I had definitely seen before. It was of him with his arms extended out looking up at the arena. It was a personal favorite of mine.

"I can do that, go ahead and stand, about here." I said walking and standing where he would be. He was by my side quickly and I stepped to the side, his feet replacing mine.

I walked back and bit my lip, as I made sure that the shot was framed right. I fixed the light setting and smiled at how perfect it looked, "Alright, arms up."

He positioned himself and I took a couple for good measure, "Got it!" I exclaimed looking down at the shots, they were perfect, "Want to see?" I asked, but when I looked up he was already in conversation with my dad.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the arena taking a few shots of the empty seats.

"Maia, we are done! Can you edit and start scheduling some posts please?" My dad called out to me and I held up a thumbs up. He smiled and waved as he and Harry walked off. Harry once again not even acknowledging my existence.

I N S T A G R A M
@thegarden

Harry's coming home in a week or so

Harry's coming home in a week or so. 🏡💕