Chapter 1: Maia

AN: Hi Friends! I know I have some unfinished stories, but I tend to hit writers block sometimes. This one has been living in my head the same way Love at the Forum was, so hopefully it brings you all the same joy!

As always, we will get Harry soon, but we have to introduce Maia first.

I can probably name an equal amount of facts about Madison Square Garden as I can about myself. It holds a total of 20,000 people including the floor level. My name is Maia Drew and I'm 27 years old. Billy Joel has headlined the most shows here, beating out Elton John. I'm a fake blonde because I believe they do have more fun. It's also the home of the Knicks, the Rangers and the Red Storm basketball team. It also happens to be the place I basically grew up in. My dad, Jared Drew, had been the Senior Vice President and General Manager here, practically my entire life. I took my first steps right before a Knicks game, and my first concert was within these walls at age 5.

Now, I ran the MSG social media and took photos for all promotional runs as the head photographer. Photography had always been something I loved, and thanks to my dad, it was now my career.

I was late today, and I mean really late. I knew my dad would be upset and give me his usual lecture about time being money, but today, I deserved it. Even if it wasn't my fault that the subway got stuck just before Pen Station.

I clung on tightly to my camera bag as I got to his office, catching my breath as I push the door open. He was not there when I entered and I wasn't surprised. I quickly placed my bag down, and left his office closing the door behind me.

I walked down the hall peeking into his assistants office, "Vance, you in here?"

"Maia, you're late!" He called out and I walked into his office.

"I know, I know, but it wasn't completely my fault. I mean I left late, but then the subway got stuck, and that I can't control." I said walking up to his desk searching through his candy bowl.

He hit my hand softly and covered the bowl, "That's for staff that shows up on time missy."

I stuck my tongue out at him playfully before jumping up and sitting on his desk. Vance was not only my dad's best friend from college, and the best gay uncle, but he was basically like my adopted mother. For as long as I can remember he made sure I knew every fashion trend and make up trend. Made sure I had every teen magazine, and my subscriptions changed from J-14 to Vanity Fair and Vogue as I got older. He made sure I never missed out on anything he would deem as "a mother daughter lesson".

Which I appreciated, especially since well, I didn't have a mother. Now please, no need to be sympathetic and pity me. I never met her, so I can't help that I don't exactly miss her. She passed away when I was 6 months old after suffering from many complications from my birth.

Don't get me wrong, there have been so many moments where I wished that I did have a living breathing mother. It's just that between my dad and Vance, I never felt like I was missing out on anything.

And according to my therapist that was perfectly okay. I wasn't heartless, I wasn't crazy, I had just processed this trauma correctly at an early age.

Yet I still needed therapy. Go figure.

"Do you know where I could find my dad?" I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes pulling out his phone.

"He should be going over dressing room assignments with the staff. Now don't interrupt their meeting, but make sure he knows you are there."

I nodded and hopped off the desk giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you Vance!"

I began walking out as he called my name, "Maia!"