Me: oh shit just don't show up it's the fucking last day of school. we're seniors next year.

Hazel: oh yeahhh good idea. Okay by ily i'll see ya after school

Me: byee, ilyt

"Yo, Val, give me your number. Since we're friends now, I think it's best if we do." Connor tells me, "Sure." I give him my number and listen to whatever the teacher is saying.

~~~~~
I get everything from my locker, decorations--well not that I had any, all my books, everything.

Hazel runs up to me, "Last day of school mother fuckers!" she yells, I laugh, "Hell yeah!" I slam my locker shut for the last time for the rest of the year. Until September of course.

"So, as I was telling you, my trip for Europe starts in two days. I'm leaving for a week. And your brother leaves when I leave. Which means that for a week, your not going to be with me." she frowns, but I add something on, "And we can't even have a hot girl summer because you have a boyfriend now!" Hazel chuckles and so do I, "Who knows maybe you might get one this summer?" she smirks, "Ew, no." I make a disgusted face. I've rejected all the guys that have ever asked me out. I do it because I have no time for boys. Only my brother, school, and Hazel. "Shut up, let's go." I roll my eyes, and link mine and her arms together.

We walk out of school and meet up with all the boys from earlier, and luckily that girl from lunch isn't with us. We talk for a few minutes before I tell Hazel, "My brothers out, we got to go." we say bye to everyone. I also quickly get Elijah's phone number as well. I get into the passenger seat of Hazels Mercedes, buckle up, and she drives off. She also connects her aux and plays the usual, Taylor, Chase (not Hudson), Olivia, Ariana, and Billie.

We pick up my brother and Hazels drops us off at the house. I walk inside and usher Nathan upstairs. Why you ask, because after what happened with my own mom strangling him, I will never let that happen again.

I put my backpack to the ground and throw myself on my bed.

A few minutes later, I hear a soft knock on my door and then it opens. I see Nathan, a duffel bag in hand. "Can you help me pack? For camp?" he quietly asks, I soften my face "Yeah, of course, c'mon let's go to your room." I grab the bag out of his hand and guide him into his room.

"Okay, so since your going to be staying there for the whole summer, you'll need most of your wardrobe." I explain, he nods and gives me a cheeky grin. "So, let's pick out the clothes you'll need. So, that includes socks, underwear, pants, shirts, etc." I continue. He walks over to his dresser and pulls out tons of clothes. I fold, and pack it inside his duffel. "Now grab socks and underwear." he nods runs over to the same dresser and grabs what I told him to. And puts it in the duffel. "Good, now grab entertainment, books, about 2 toys and some drawing equipment." he nods again, runs over to his closet and grabs his superman doll, and his mini cars. As for books he grabs Junie-B-Jones, and The Owl Diary. "Good job, buddy." I grab the toys and books and put them in the duffel bag, and I zip it up. "That's all you'll need! The day you leave we'll pack your toothbrush." I explain, "Yay! Thank you Valie!" he exclaim, I smile, "You're welcome."

~~2 Days Later~~
I just dropped off Nathan at his camp. Luckily, Hazel let me use her car. I get to her house and park the vehicle. She told me to leave the keys in the car and it'll be fine.

By the time I get back home it's 6:00pm. I get inside the house, and lock the door. "Valerie." I hear a voice. I turn around and see my mom, "Y-yeah?" am I scared of her? Hell yeah. "What the fuck is this!?" she yells holding up the box of cigarettes Jaden gave me. Goddamnit. "Uhm, cigarettes?" "THEY WERE IN YOUR FUCKING ROOM, VALERIE." She screams at me

I hate her.

"SO WHAT? YOU DO DRUGS, YOU SMOKE, YOU DRINK. IVE TRIED TO BE THERE FOR YOU AND BE A DECENT DAUGHTER BUT I CANT. 'CAUSE YOU HIT ME. YOU HIT NATHAN, YOUR OWN FUCKING SON. OKAY? I AM A MOM TO HIM. NOT YOU. I FUCKING RAISED HIS ASS BECAUSE OF YOU. I DIDNT HAVE A CHILDHOOD BECAUSE OF YOU. SO IM SORRY IF A COUPLE OF CIGARETTES IS GOING TO HARM YOU." Okay, yes I'm very aware I got off track a few times but that's all shit I've been needing to say for years. I feel tears rushing to my eyes but I continue.

"You know, when dad died, it happened to me to. Not just you. You went down hill, but I had to be the mature one and take care of Nathan." At this point tears are slowly coming down.

"I fucking hate you. You want to be so mature? THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE."
my mom yells, I run upstairs, and grab 2 backpacks, I stuff a lot of clothes in one of them, and in the other, smaller backpack I put in my phone charger, my locket my dad gave me, a couple of books, my wallet and a few things for Nathan. His favorite things, his toys, and some clothes.

I go back downstairs, not saying anything to my junkie mother, I open the front door and slam it closed. I have a big backpack, and a smaller one.

I don't have a plan on where to stay. I have $17 in my bank. That's not even enough for a motel. I'm not thinking about that right now. All I'm thinking about is how things will be when Nathan gets back from camp. I have 2 months to figure that out.

~~~~~
It's now 11 pm. I'm at the park, on the swings. As usual. I'm on my phone, and texting Hazel explaining how I got kicked out, and what happened.

"Hey, V." I hear a voice say. A very familiar voice.

Jaden.

I look up to be met with him. His dark brown fluffy hair falling in front of his dark green eyes. "Oh. Hey." He sits down next to me on the other swing, "What's with the backpacks?" he asks, "Got booted." I say, "Damn, and you can't stay at Hazels because she's in Europe?" I nod, "Luckily, my brothers at some camp, so I have all summer to figure out where we can stay." I say, "So, as if right now your a homeless 16 year old girl?" I nod.

Wait why am I telling him this?

"You can uhm, if you want, you can stay at my house if you want? At least until Hazel comes back from her trip." he asks, "Are you offering for me to stay at your house?" I smile at him, "Never mind, it was a stupi-" I interrupt him, "No no, I'm not saying no." something sparks in his eyes, "Oh, okay. Cool.". "Yeah, cool..."

Well this is awkward.

~~~~~~
Chapter 9, this is a pretty long chapter. there also might be no chapter tomorrow but we'll seeee.
Okay, ily and don't forget to vote 💋💞