eight // cigarette daydreams

i know this song came out in 2014 or whatever but it's one of my all time favourite songs and i couldn't not include it so pretend it was written in 2013 alright thx

song list

cigarette daydreams - cage the elephant

better man - jamie campbell bower

misery - the maine

lane boy - twentyonepilots

the man - ed sheeran

slow - lido x halsey

// cigarette daydreams //

by cage the elephant

september 2013

written by mathhew shultz, lincoln paris, brad shultz, daniel tichenor, jared champion and arabella

looking for the answer

-

after staring at arabella wild face, harry spoke, "i want to hear something you've never shown anyone." he concluded.

this was a tough spot for arabella, because she had basically shown him everything. something from each book: drugs, fucks, love. all thrown out on the table and displayed for him.

she realized that she never really done that with anyone. she never showed someone so quickly into her life. it had taken some people a life time to learn more about her past lovers and experiences. and here harry had it all in his ingenious little head with his curly long hair. and as much as she wanted to tell herself, it was just to get the creative juices flowing, she wanted to show him.

and again she tried so desperately to convince herself, i'm never going to see him again, it doesn't matter anyways. he'll probably forget it as soon as i'm out the door. harry would replay her words from the past day for the rest of his life. remembering her exact pronunciations and pauses, how she soft her voice sounded when she was getting upset and how angry and agitated she got taking about something that really pissed her off. nothing would go forgotten in harry's mind.

"you've kinda hit all the bases, styles." spot that innuendo.

"that's what she said." he giggled. giggled.

she laughed with him, wondering how someone could be so free spirited. "you really are a five year old stuck in a twenty one year-old's body."

"you love it." he swooned.

and he could've sworn he heard her mutter, "yes i do." but he was probably just imagining it. wishing that she would've said that.

"i may have something. i'm not sure if you'll like it."

"why wouldn't i?" there was nothing that arabella could ever write that harry would hate. her way of thinking had him hooked from the beginning and he couldn't get enough of her stories.

"it's a little much." she mused.

because listening to a broken girl talk about how she tried to take her own life wasn't a little much. he thought.

it was only until he saw her face that he'd realized he said those words out loud. he wasn't sure what hurt more, the look on her face, or the words that cut deep. for once in her life, arabella was truly speechless.