Arataka x Fem!Reader (Smut)

Start from the beginning

"It's more of a self-advocacy sort of thing, like he tells me what he's struggling with and I try to help." You twirled your pen between your fingers, itching to fidget in some way. "It's not like he's actually in danger of dropping out, or anything like that. Just trying to study some more for high school entrance exams."

"I see." His hands find his pockets. That suit really does fit him well, you thought. "That's good to hear. Must be difficult tutoring middle schoolers, though. Not all of them are as, well... mild-mannered as Mob."

You shrugged. "I'm not that much of a people person, so the academic aspect makes it a lot easier to communicate. Especially because most of them are pretty awkward as well. So... Kageyama is actually a pleasure to meet with."

The redhead sighed, an emotion you didn't recognize taking over his face. "He sure is awkward. But he's a fantastic assistant. I'm glad he has something that he's genuinely talented at, besides the going home club."

"What do you two actually do as..." You hesitated, a bit incredulous that you were really entertaining this joke of a profession. "As psychics?"

A knock on the door. Reigen glanced over. "Hey, speak of the devil. Come in, Mob!"

"Hi, master Reigen." The middle schooler pushed the door open, jumping a little when he saw you. "Oh—hi, miss (Y/n)." You raise your hand in greeting. "What brings you here?"

"We had a meeting, didn't we?" His eyes grew wide as dinner plates, Adam's apple bobbing up and down, and his lips parted, blank face filled with panic. You pinched the bridge of your nose. "Look—Kageyama, it's okay. We can reschedule if you have work, you know."

Kageyama bent over in an awkward bow, his bowl cut covering his eyes. "Yes, ma'am."

"Don't sweat it."

Reigen 'tch'ed, pointed loafers tapping against the floor impatiently. "Mob, Mob, Mob. You should always keep your appointments! She's been here a while. It's quite rude to keep a lady waiting."

Kageyama bit his lip, genuinely seeming on the brink of tears. "I'm sorry."

"It's seriously okay." You hold your head in your hands, trying to move past Reigen calling you a lady. Honestly, you were only a bit annoyed at the time you wasted. It wasn't as though you had plans. "Look, we can just meet tomorrow, okay? I won't charge a rescheduling fee."

"I mean," the ginger started, trying to hide a grin, "you could join us on this job, and see what we do in person."

Mob—er, Kageyama—stared at the worksheet with hollow eyes, hand shaking.

You still couldn't believe you were here. On a job. On a train. With a psychic, on your left, and your most socially awkward client to date. What was this, a setup to a joke?

Reigen offered you a stick wordlessly, and you tentatively accepted the mitarashi dango. As soon as you did, your fingers brushed against his, and jolted. Maybe it was time to stop reading romance manga. It wasn't like everyone you were attracted to would suddenly fall for you if your fingers brushed together.

"Thanks," you mumbled, chewing one of the dango and letting your head fall against the window, rattling and rumbling.

Reigen was officially freaking out.

He didn't know what it was. It usually wasn't a problem to be cool and collected in front of clients, but... it had been so long since he felt this way. How long, ten years, now? Every time he looked at you, he got overwhelmed. Reigen wasn't even sure what it was about you. Like, you were attractive, sure, but was it your calm demeanor? Was it your looks? Your style? That sleeveless mock neck with a pencil skirt looked really nice on you. Really professional. But Reigen had no clue. No. Clue.