Swordsman Accompanying a Demon (6)

Start from the beginning

"All right." Urokodaki sends her off for real this time. 

Nezuko gives Urokodaki a quick hug and leaves for the road.

Nezuko is walking on the road to her destination. Her crow is perched on her arm to remind her of her mission.

"Matsuemon Tennoji, huh? I like that name." Nezuko smiles.

The crows flies off and Nezuko resumes her journey.

"Tanjiro, are you alright? Tanjiro?" Nezuko asks Tanjiro.

She flashes back to Urokodaki saying, 'I'm just guessing here, but it could be that Tanjiro is recovering his strength by sleeping instead of consuming human flesh.'

Tanjiro doesn't respond. Nezuko smiles and continues walking.

"Tanjiro... get lots of rest." She smiled.

An hour or so later, Nezuko arrives at a town along a river.

"Could this be the town of the northwest?" Nezuko mutters to herself.

Nezuko continues walking. A boy walks before her and townsfolk are whispering about him.

"Oh look, there's Kazumi. Poor thing. He looks so hagged." A woman whispers to another woman.

"Huh?" Nezuko heard their conversation.

Kazumi and Nezuko walk past eachother, trading glances.

"Because he was there when Satoko was taken." Another woman whispered back.

"Night after night... it's so creepy." A man whispers

"It's so dreadful!" The first woman that spoke said.

"When night falls, another girl is sure to be abducted." The second woman that spoke said.

"Ah...!" Nezuko startled.

She turns back to Kazumi.

"Mr. Kazumi! I'd like to hear your story. Is that all right?" Nezuko runs up to him and says.

"Ah..." Kazumi turns and sees her beaming face.

Somewhere else in town, Kazumi led Nezuko to the place Satoko disappeared, a walled path to be exact.

"This is where Satoko vanished. Though, you may not believe me." Kazumi pointed out.

"I do believe you! I believe you, all right! I believe you!" Nezuko exclaimed.

Nezuko walks forward and drops on her hands and knees. She put her nose to the ground and sniffs around. 

'There's still a faint trace of demon scent, but it's so uneven, so to speak. There something strange about this.' Nezuko thought.

'Who is this girl anyway?' Kazumi thought.

He flashed back to Satoko's parents blaming him for her disappearance.

"How dare you!" Satoko's father yelled. 

"Ah..." Kazumi startled.

"What do you mean, 'vanished'?! You bastard!!" He yelled at Kazumi.

"Dear! That's enough! Please stop!" Satoko's mother cried, on the verge of tears.

"Ngh..." Kazumi rubbed his head.

Nezuko stands up and starts following a small scent, Kazumi trails close behind. It's evening time by now.

"I want you to believe me. She really did vanish." Kazumi said.