Chapter 28: First date

Start from the beginning

The rest of the ride we stay silent and when she pulls onto a natural parking spot, I glance around but still can't tell where we are.
We get out of the car and only now I notice she switched her high heels to sneakers. Makes sense since we are in nature now.

"Are you trying to kidnap me inside the woods?" I joke and Nat laughs and holds out her hand for me to take.
I do so and she leads me to a path that starts here.

"Always." She replies and squeezes my hand a little.

"A random question: when you talked to your sister, you said you have a big soccer game coming up?" She says and I hum, taking a step over a root on the ground.

"Yeah, the game is in two and a half weeks on Saturday. It's the second one in this season, the first one I missed because I was sick but Yelena told me all about it and it ended in a tie." I shrug.

"But the next one is a team we never won against, so we're hoping to win this time. It would also put us higher on the list, you know?
Because all colleges around here play in this 'league' and the team we are up against, is in second place and if we win against them, that would make us go pretty high up.
And to top it off, there will be talent scouts at that game and if they find someone they like, they might give us a scholarship for college or offer us to play in the official teams of the city or state. So, it is pretty exciting." I ramble a little and blush when I notice how much I talked.

But Nat doesn't seem to mind as she just smiles and side glances at me when she's not looking ahead or at the ground to prevent to trip.

"That's really exciting news!" She agrees with me and I smile brightly at her, feeling a bit excited over the fact that she doesn't seem to be annoyed by my amount of talking.

"It is and it would be so great if I or any of my friends would get a scholarship or team offer." I tell her and she nods.

"That would be so amazing." She agrees again and leans over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

We head further through the woods until we stop and I marvel at the view in front of me.
There's a river, it's quite calm and around it, there's grass and flowers.
It looks really beautiful.
Due to the trees above, there are shadows across the river but on certain spots, the sun shines through and lets the water look like it's sparkling.

"Wow." I whisper and Nat looks happily at me, watching my reaction.
She tugs on my hand a little and leads me to a bench that gives us the perfect view.

The sound of the water splashing against little rocks fills the air, together with the chirping of birds and all together, it creates a calm atmosphere that's really wonderful and a little magical.

"This is really beautiful, Tasha." I whisper, not wanting to disturb nature. Natasha nods and pulls me a little closer, wrapping her arm around me and I lean my head against her shoulder.

"It is one of the first places I discovered after moving back here for my job as professor. It always has a calming effect on me and I feel like my thoughts are just able to fly free here.
Nothing and nobody disturbs me here and I wanted to share that with you." She tells me and I look up at her, her eyes sparkling with something that I can't quite pinpoint but it makes my insides tingle, the good way.

"Thank you, I really appreciate and honor that." I reply and she smiles down at me.
"You're welcome."

We watch the water flow down the river and when a rabbit hops a little away from us, I smile.
The moment is calm and sitting here with Nat, leaned against her and being close to her, enjoying the moment and the time together feels right.
It might not be exactly allowed due to our college relationship but that doesn't matter in this moment. All that matters is that we are here and happy.