"Run!" Harry said, turning to Malfoy and sprinting away. They ran together up and down random sets of stairs until they came to a third-floor passage Harry vaguely remembered. There was a door at the end of the hall and Filch was still right on their tail, so Harry dragged Malfoy towards it, figuring that if he was caught he would rat Harry out as well. He reached for the large, circular door handles, pulling with all his might, but the door was locked. Filch and Mrs Norris were getting closer so Harry pulled out his wand and whispered, 'Alohomora!' under his breath. The door clicked open and the boys went inside.

The room was completely dark, minus a patch of moonlight streaming in through a window. Turning around and leaning on the door, Harry realised why he recognised the hallway. In front of him and Malfoy sat Fluffy, Hagrid's three-headed dog, which guarded a very important trap door. Malfoy looked as though he was going to scream, but that would not only give away their position to Filch but awaken Fluffy, so Harry clamped his hand over Malfoys mouth and shushed him.

"Be very, very quiet," whispered Harry under his breath.

Malfoy nodded so Harry removed his hand.

"If they've gone in there they have a death wish Mrs Norris, let's go," Filch's voice spoke from behind the large door. At the words 'death wish' Malfoy went stark white and Harry was worried he might faint.

After Filch's footsteps could no longer be heard, Harry crept out of the room dragging Malfoy along with him.

"Did you see that dog?" Asked Malfoy quietly.

"Yes, I'm not blind."

"Then how are you not panicking? Or did you not notice its heads, it's got three!"

"I know it had three heads, Malfoy, but there is no way Dumbledore would allow it in the school if it was completely dangerous."

"You heard Filch, didn't you!? He said 'anyone who goes in there has a death wish!' And you just dragged me in there all willy-nilly! It's like you're trying to kill me!" Malfoy whispered all this very loudly.

"I'm not trying to kill you and you're not dead. Stop being such a wuss, Fluffy wasn't even awake! Besides, this is your fault. If you hadn't bloody been following me, I would be safely back in my dormitory asleep! But no! You just had to come and bother me!"

"You're so bloody stupid! I'm leaving!" Malfoy muttered and walked off towards the dungeons. Harry could only hope Filch found him on his way back. He was so annoying, why couldn't Malfoy just leave him alone? And with that, Harry re-cast the disillusionment charm on himself and hurried back to the common room.

Harry entered through the portrait hall, confused by what had just happened. He needed to tell Ron, Hermione and Neville about the mirror and Fluffy. Running up to his sleeping quarters, he shook Ron's shoulders and then turned to Neville and shook him awake too. They opened their eyes slowly and Ron began to mutter some nonsense about a talking cake but Harry snapped his fingers in front of their faces and they jolted awake.

"Guys," Harry began, still trying to regulate his breathing, "you'll never believe what I just saw!"

Ron rubbed his eyes, and while yawning responded,

"A talking cake?" Harry hesitated with confusion for a moment before going,

"Uh-I-wha-what?! No! It was on the third floor!" Neville, on cue, paled to a white Harry had only seen on a piece of paper in muggle books and his words were filled with stutters.

"Wha-a-at d-do you m-me-mean the thir-third floor? Aren't st-students no-not allowed there?"

"Well, yes... but that's beside the point. I was on the third floor running from Filch with Malfoy," Harry glanced at Ron's disgusted face and added, "It's a long story. Anyways, there was a room and inside it was a three-headed dog that was guarding a trap door!"

"Keep your voice down, it's so late," mumbled Ron, "how many heads did you say the dog had?"

"Three!"

"Three!? How are you alive!" Ron yelled.

"It was still asleep," Harry said as if it was the most obvious reason in the world.

"Why were you on the third floor anyways?" piped Neville, "Dumbledore specifically told us we aren't allowed there."

"As I said, it's a long story. Anyways, I also found a mirror that shows you what you most desire. It's called the Mirror of Erised, so that's kinda cool." Harry said, "I had forgotten it existed..." He added under his breath.

"Sounds great Harry, but can you tell us in the morning?" Ron asked, yawning yet again. "I'm shattered and right now all I want to do is sleep."

"Sure," Harry responded, "and I'll have to tell Hermione in the morning as well."