"Aunty Lia!" The girls squealed.

     "Hello, my little care bears! I got you treats!" She grinned as they left their ice cream cones to melt on the counter and rushed to hug her. Then they gushed all about their gifts, running back and forth from Eliana to Amir, showing him each item and he looked as happy as them.

     "What's the Volkov princess doing here, gracing us with her spoiled presence?" Amir asked, smiling.

     Eliana mocked a smile at him. "I've come to visit my angels, and to check on you apparently," she said, sitting down on the seat beside him. "Nice cast,"

     "Why don't you have Eliana be your right hand man?" Amir asked me and I furrowed my brows at him.

     "Excuse you, Mr. Injury, I am very much busy with my own affairs," she argued.

     "Do those affairs include anything with balls attached?"

     I did not even want to know what the fuck he meant by that but the way Eliana's face turned a little red made me a bit curious.

     "Fuck off, Amir! Seriously, it's gross that you can even come up with shit like that,"

     "We have a problem that still needs to be solved, both of you need to stop being bothersome,"

     "Why would I do that? What's a brother for if not to bother?" Eliana asked, reclining in her seat, getting as comfortable as possible. "What's the issue anyway? Can't you hire one of your other guys, give them a promotion,"

     I would explain why I didn't want to do that but Amir spoke before I could.

     "There's this woman," he said as if deep in thought. "She's not in the mafia, not that I'm aware of, at least. But she has talent. Pickpocketing, light stealing, nothing special. Except she has a way with words." He explained. "Almost has you convinced that you weren't even stolen from,"

     "She stole from you, didn't she?" Eliana asked.

     "That's not the point I'm making," Amir answered and Eliana let out a laugh.

      "So you're saying she's not in the mafia," I said, listing it off with my fingers. "Only picks pockets and the only reason why you think I should hire her is because she could steal from you?" I asked him.

     "Yup," he said. "I mean come on, who has ever stolen from me? Who? Seriously, and if you're not convinced, why don't you test it out? Why not see if she can steal from you too?"

     I gave him a look of disapproval and he sighed again.

     "I think that idea is a fine one," Eliana grinned, nodding at Amir. They exchanged a look then waited for my answer.

     "How would we even try to get her to steal from me?" I asked.

     "Desperate times call for desperate measures," Amir said. "Isn't that what they say? One thing I can tell you is that this girl is desperate."

     "The amount of stuff you know about this woman is kind of creepy, Amir, what on earth have you been up to in your free time?" Eliana asked, smiling at the girls who were now busy with their new toys.

     "Let's just say I was surprised and it made me curious, so I've been collecting info.," he answered. "So, Kaian, you up for it? If she can steal from you, she's hired?"

     They both looked at me again and with these two collaborating on an idea, everyone who's ever had to suffer any of their pranks knew it would never end well, but for some odd fucking reason, I wanted to find out too.

     Amir is no easy man to deceive, impossible, well almost impossible, apparently. And if he's been fooled by this woman, then surely it's worth a shot.

     "How do I know it wasn't because she was all tits and ass, that's why you were distracted?" I asked.

     They both gasped.

     "The nerve!" Eliana said, sarcastically.

     "I can't believe him," Amir added, jokingly. "Trust me, Kaian, I've dealt with enough generous women to know I don't get easily distracted like that,"

    I didn't miss Eliana's eye roll and the little smirk that was on my best friend's stupid face but it would be a lie to say I didn't want to see how this would go.

     "Fine, but both of you will plan how you want to test this out, I have too much on my plate already,"

     "Don't worry about it, Kaian pepper, we have this under control," Eliana grinned. "Come on, Mr. Injury," she said, patting Amir's arm. "We got work to do,"