Chapter 18 Shards of The Past

Start from the beginning

He was the light of her life. It was kind of astonishing that it took until the last year of middle school for them to finally start dating. They got together on prom night. Yes, I know it's pretty cheesy but they were happy and that's what counts.

"Mari looked pretty nervous, you think she'll be okay?"

"S-She's been p-practicing a lot. She's going to do just f-fine."

"Also she's going to have you there too." She added with a smirk on her face.

Her smirk winded as she saw her son's face go bright red. She was his mother but sometimes she wondered how such a timid and easily flustered boy could come out of someone like her.

After they finished breakfast, Y/n brushed his teeth, packed his bag and headed to the front door, "I'm o-off!!" He announced as he opened the front door.

"Wait!!" His mother stopped him and then pushed her credit card in his hands, "While on your way back from school, stop by the flower shop and buy some flowers. You can't go to your girlfriend's recital empty handed now can you? Just make sure not to loose it like you did last time okay?" She said with a wink.

Y/n blushed a little before mumbling a quick thank you and putting the card in the front pocket of his bag and was about to leave again.

"Hold it!" His mother stopped him for a second time. She grabbed his arm and yanked him close gave him a quick peck on the cheek, having to stand on her tip toes to do so, "Goodbye kiss."

"M-Mum, s-stop doing that! I'm not a kid anym-more!" He stammered as his face burned red.

"Well, no matter how old you get you'll always be my special little guy. Even though I have competition for your favorite girl in world now."

"M-Mum!"

"Okay, okay, I'll stop with the teasing." She laughed, "Have a good day at school!"

With his cheeks burning, Y/n left the his house and headed towards the bus stop.

(Timeskip brought to you by Mrs. Fay drinking coffee)

As Y/n neared the bus stop he saw a girl standing there. The slight breeze making her hair flutter like dark waves.

Y/n's heart did a little summersault as he saw the love of his life waiting at the bus stop

"Okay, Y/n. Don't panic. You two've been dating for a while. She is your girlfriend. No need to be embarrassed. Just go and talk to her like a normal person. Okay, now go!"

Mari sudden noticed him standing there like a idiot and her face lit up with a bright smile, "Y/n!!"

"Haauuh... heeeh.... huuuummmmmmm........... Hi."

"Smooth. Real smooth"

She ran up to him and pulled him into a tight hug then kissed him on the cheek.