The Big Three (CH.74)

Start from the beginning

Now that our force had been cut in half, everyone kept saying just how strong he was, but Izuku, in his more analytic way of being, said. "There must be a trick to it! Whether he dodges through teleportation, or he teleports through his dodging, it doesn't matter. We must keep counterattacking, and we'll find our chance!" Eijiro was quite surprised by Izuku's analysis, and now that they at least had something to grasp, we got prepared for more.

Mirio was excited to see us get in the mood, and then started running at us, just before suddenly falling through the floor. Everyone was shocked, but thanks to my quirk, and Izuku's prediction, we were able to see Mirio coming out behind us, and while Izuku went with a kick, I fired some AP shots with Katsuki's quirk.

It was clear that Mirio didn't mind any of this, as he simply fazed through our attacks, and went for an eye poke to Izuku, or at least it seemed like that, because he suddenly changed of course, and threw a kick right at my gut, which I wasn't able to avoid in the slightest, making me gag from the pain.

Before he even left, he also threw a punch at Izuku's gut, and then went on to the rest, knocking them out with a punch to their guts as well, and as he stood in a triumphant pose, he exclaimed. "POWER!!!" Which seemed to be some kind of victory roar of his, but I wasn't done.

Even if I was excited for this fight, I wasn't quite in the mood yet, but his attack fixed that. On the outside, losing a limb while having the Super Regeneration doesn't seem to hurt all that much, but it's actually just as painful as for a regular person, it just fixes everything quickly, meaning that this punch was nothing to me, but it did help me get fired up.

Once I got used to the pain, I stood in position, and with help of Izuku's quirk, jumped right at him with a kick. I didn't feel all that bad about attacking from the back, as he was the one showing it to me, but that's when Nejire exclaimed. "Mirio!" And while it seemed to be a slip up from her, since she didn't want to interfere, it was enough for him to reflexively activate his quirk, and avoid it.

As I landed at the other side, he deactivated his quirk and said. "Wow, I didn't think someone could stay standing after a punch like that." He seemed a bit surprised while saying this, but quickly changed to a serious expression, and as he got into a fighting stance again, he finished with. "But I guess that's to be expected from someone of your reputation!" And as I got prepared as well, we went right at each other.

A couple meters before encountering each other, he suddenly sank below the floor again, leaving his pants behind. My gut would normally tell me that he would appear just behind me, but the fact that he had done already that told me otherwise, and I was right, as his aura told me that he seemed to maneuver a bit below the floor, resulting in a slight, but important, change of direction.

Instead of reappearing just behind me, he spawned a bit to the left, however, he didn't seem to predict what I did. My first thought was to attack him, but it was too obvious, so I instead copied Shoto's quirk, and with his ice side, created a barrier just above from where he was appearing, meaning that he wouldn't come out when he expected.

As he started coming upwards, I quickly jumped right at him, and as he came out, I delivered a kick right at him, however, displaying why he was the top student, I couldn't hit him, as he surely noticed that there was something wrong, and so, he reactivated his quirk,

While this kind of prediction didn't leave him in such a tight spot, it wasn't entirely better for him, as he still had to breath, something I didn't allow him to do. He then started falling back down, and looking at his movements, I could assume that he was aiming to fall backwards, probably to get out of my wall of ice. With this in mind, I positioned myself on top of the wall, and while gripping to the side, I went down at a similar pace, so when his trajectory changed, I could more or less see from where he was going to come out, and prepared to land a punch even before he came out.