The Terrifying Truth

Start from the beginning

"And then, a couple of days later, while I was walking to potions I caught him with a Gryffindor, Sebastian Moran, in the hallway. There was no doubt in my mind that they had planned that out to my schedule, just to torment me, to step on me and crush my confidence like a bug. At first I spent the days crying over myself, wondering what was wrong with me and why I wasn't worthy of him, when finally I figured it out, or at least I thought I had. It was Sebastian that was between us, the one person who wouldn't let us be together, so naturally he had to be eliminated. I waited for a while, knowing the proper spell and knowing very well that I'd be expelled if caught, even sent to Azkaban. But maybe, just maybe, if I demonstrated my knowledge on killing curses that maybe I'd cast a more positive light on myself. And one day I saw him, Moran, walking near the lake alone. I took my opportunity, running at him with my wand raised, half way through the spell when he disarmed me. That didn't stop me though; it would take a lot more for me to give up just like that."

I just kind of stared at him, kind of knowing where this was going and trying to absorb it all. So far it didn't explain why he was a psycho murderer, but I guess we were getting somewhere with the whole expelled thing.

"We fought for a little bit, hand to hand punching and strangling stuff, and he was a lot bigger than me but I had the power of pure rage on my side, and eventually I managed to drag him into the water. I held his head under for a while; I wanted him dead, I thought it would fix everything, but some bloody student had seen the fight and went to get a teacher. Snape came running down, stunning me and pulling Moran out, letting him breathe and I was expelled that night. I was shocked they didn't send me to Azkaban to be honest, but they snapped my wand and sent me to the muggle world of torture." Sherlock sighed, looking at me once more to see how I was taking the story. I was still standing there, not able to believe that this beautiful man in front of me had actually attacked someone like that. But it was out of love, apparently, and I guess if I caught someone with anyone I loved I guess I'd get a little bit violent, but not murderous. It slowly dawned on me that in my angry little speech I had subconsciously admitted that I had fallen in love with him, the words just slipped out but now, as they hung in the air, I knew them to be true. But at the moment I still was furious at all this miscommunication, in a relationship, romantic or just friends, you had to be honest, and usually little facts like you were a bloody ghost usually should come into play.

"Go on, I'm still not seeing the whole murder thing." I pointed out. Sherlock sighed.

"Why must I tell you?" he asked.

"Because I don't want secrets anymore, you see where they lead!" I debated.

"But I know that if I tell you you'll walk right out of here and throw the book as far as you can." His voice quivered with emotion for the first time, I didn't see him as much of a crier, but right now he looked like he was on the verge of breaking the emotional dam. He looked so fragile; all he had wanted was someone to love him back. But before there would be any comforting there had to be explanations.

"I won't, I only want to know what's really going on here." I sighed. Sherlock nodded, looking away once more.

"Well I suffered only a year at the school, but it was awful. I was bullied worse than I could ever imagine in Hogwarts. Yes I got hurt there, they shot curses at me there, but here it was verbal abuse. I was the one that harmed me in the muggle world; I couldn't stand constantly living under the name 'Freak'. I was smart, and they hated me for that. And the worst part here was that Jim was nowhere to be found. I'm pretty sure he hated me for what I did, but no one even came close to as interesting as he was, no one had an IQ over fifty it seemed like. Unfortunately the word leaked out that I had been expelled from a boarding school, the story was twisted so much it seemed every other day I was either killing students or snogging teachers, but somehow I got through. Then one day, the last day I had normally, after all that torment I was walking home and I saw him, Jim, walking down the street next to my house. I don't know why that snapped something, but suddenly I couldn't stand to see him. I was still convinced the whole thing with Moran was planned and he wanted to see how far I would go, he had played me for fun, he was evil, and I had fallen into his trap. So I ran into the house and grabbed my father's gun, running out before he could leave and, well, I got my revenge. But I decided that since I would be in jail for the rest of my life I might as well keep going, so I went after the bullies and the one teacher that actually let them, the teacher that laughed at their jokes and turned a blind eye to their beatings. Once that was taken care of it was almost dark, so I retrieved Moriarty's body and dragged it to the caves. It was too much John, everything was too much, and I decided that maybe I could live happy again in Hogwarts, trap my spirit and Jim's spirit in these walls and hope that maybe I deserved some ever lasting peace." Sherlock took a deep breath, and I just kind of stood there, trying to take it all in but not really able to. He had the absolute worst history I could ever imagine, love, loss, tragedy, torment; I couldn't believe it took him so ling to finally take action to be honest.