"Why? What's wrong?" Lucy questioned. "He's been with me since last night."

"Kol's being a problem. We need his help."

"I'm not getting what you are implying. Please elaborate."

"Damon turned a restaurant full of people today for Jeremy to complete his mark. But Kol killed them all and then compelled Damon to kill Jeremy, who's alive fortunately, but Damon is chained in the dungeon."

"But why would Kol do that? I thought everything was okay now."

"He's going on and on about Silas. Saying that waking him up will be the end of this world." Stefan explained. "Thus he's posing a huge problem in retrieving the Cure and we need the compulsion gone from Damon, so I'd like Klaus to dagger him."

"Woah, don't jump to daggering already." she exclaimed. "Let me talk to him first. Show him reason."

"Just make it fast. I can't have Damon stuck inside, starving." Stefan sighed.

"I'll talk to him. Calm down." Lucy assured.

"Yeah, and, listen, Brie had breakfast with me and she must be in the garden perhaps. And I've dropped her friend, Sara, to her place too."

"Thank you." she smiled. "For yesterday too. And I hope Katherine hasn't posed another problem yet?"

"Surprisingly, no. We're all still confused on what she needed and why she even came, let alone drop a warning to you like that instead of goin' on with her plan in peace."

"I'm sure it's all related to that Cure." she scoffed.

"We have zero idea. But we're hoping you and Bonnie could gather some info on it."

"I'll help. But not today. I just want peace for at least today." she pinched the bridge of her nose. "It's Brie's birthday and I want no distractions. We're going to amusement park and then to the movies. You can join if you'd like."

"I'll try to. But thank you."

"Okay. I'll see to Kol."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

By the time Kol had replied to her text asking him to have a 'little chat with her at the Grill', Lucy had left a note explaining everything to Nik and had lunch with Brie, and then left for the Mystic Grill.

"I thought you would leave me on delivered forever." Lucy mused when Kol came to take the seat across from her.

"Unfortunately, I'm still learning the wonders of this modern world." he shrugged. "So, what do you want to have a 'little chat' about?"

"Well, I've heard quite a bit about your rendezvous this particular morning."

"Might you mean some certain restaurant rendezvous of this morning?" he smirked.

"Exactly that."

"So, what of that?" he raised a daring brow.

"What of that.." she repeated, clicking her nails on the wooden table. "Just that, what were you thinking?"

"I know what I did and why." he scoffed. "I couldn't let these fools wake Silas up and bring the end of this world."

"Elaborate, please."

"I used to run with the witches, as you already know," he began. "Africa in the 14th century, Haiti in the 17th century, New Orleans in the 1990s. They all knew about Silas. Knew that he needed to be kept buried."

"Never quite heard of him." she rose a brow.

"They say when Silas rises, he'll unleash hell on earth." Kol finished. "Silas, the first immortal. Ask your coven, they'll know."