17

I stood up, frantically running to a corner of the studio, away from Hyunjin. I curled up in a ball, holding my knees to my chest as I tried to concentrate on my troubled breathing, trying to stabilize it.

Hyunjin ran to me, crouching in front of me, worriedly looking at my trembling figure.

I wanted to yell at him to stay away from me, but only whimpers would come out of my mouth.

- I-I'm sorry, Minnie, I didn't mean to... - Hyunjin said as his hand went to comb my hair, but I jolted away from him, standing up to run away.

I frantically walked backwards, looking at him with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I ended up tripping on some paintings, making a huge mess and falling on the floor with a loud thud.

Hyunjin rushed towards me, checking that I was fine, holding my back and caressing my head, whispering soothing words.

- I'm sorry, Minnie... - He rocked my body back and forth, calming me down. - I'm here, don't worry, okay? -

His voice was soft, coming out in a whisper.

The tears soon stopped as I started regaining some consciousness, the trembling halting completely as I stabilized my breath in Hyunjin's embrace.

- Are you feeling better now, Minnie? - Hyunjin's arms were still wrapped around me, my upper body resting on his lap as he caressed my cheek.

I inhaled deeply before nodding, standing up shakily.

- I-I'm sorry, hyung. - I locked eyes with him, noticing that they were wet and red as well.

It broke me to see him crying. His cheeks were flushed pink, wet trails staining them.

- Don't be sorry, Minnie, it's okay. You had a panic attack, it happens, it's nothing to be sorry for. - He smiled at me, tilting his head and caressing my cheek with his thumb.

He chuckled, wiping away one last tear before speaking again.

- I'm sorry I'm crying, I just hate seeing you like this. -

I took his hand into mine, a comforting warmth spreading through my body.

- Thank you, Hyunjin. - We locked gazes, a weird feeling emanating from my heart made me start to sweat nervously.

We stayed in silence for a while, fidgeting with each other's hands and chuckling embarrassedly every once in a while.

I felt at peace.

- Hyunjin... - I said, raising my head to look at him.

- Yes? - He replied, his gaze meeting my eyes.

- I want to tell you something, but you need to promise me you won't tell anybody. - I said with pleading eyes.

- Of course, Seungminnie, I promise. - He said seriously, placing his hand on his chest, right where the heart is.

I faintly smiled, inhaling deeply.

I had never told that story to anybody, and I needed to get that off my chest really bad.

- So... - I said, tears filling my eyes before I could even start. - During sophomore year I got really close to a girl. I really liked her, but I wasn't sure I loved her to the point of loosing my virginity to her... -

My breath started to falter, and soon I started crying, burying my head into my hands.

- Shhh... it's okay, Minnie, take your time. - Hyunjin took me into his embrace, my back resting on his chest as he gently rocked me from side to side.

He caressed my hair, pecking my head lovingly.

- A-And one day s-she invited me to her h-house... - I kept on telling my story, hiccuping every once in a while. - I-I thought that s-she wanted t-to w-watch a m-movie, but... -

I inhaled deeply, looking upwards to avoid more tears spilling out of my eyes, but instead was met with Hyunjin's loving and protective gaze on me.

I unconsciously smiled, feeling at home.

However, I lowered my gaze soon after, my eyebrows furrowing as I kept on telling my worst memory.

- S-She raped me. - I spat, both hurt and angry at the same time, tears falling freely.

I kept on staring at the floor, Hyunjin's arms still wrapped around me comfortingly.

We stayed in silence for a while, only our breaths filling the studio.

- I'm sorry, Seungmin. - Hyunjin finally spoke, a glimpse of anger in his voice. - I can assure that if anybody tries to hurt you ever again I'm gonna kill them. -

I smiled at his words, finding it entertaining how he completely switched attitude, from loving to angry.

- I love you, Seungmin, you already know it. - He pecked me on my head, making me lean into his warm touch. - I don't ever want to make you uncomfortable... - He caressed my hair, moving a few strands away from my face.

He smiled at me as a sign of comfort once we locked gazes. Something about him made me feel at ease, all my muscles relaxing.

- I'm sorry if I said something that made you relive that experience. - He sighed, looking down at the floor.

- She said she wanted to make me his. - I stared at the floor as well while fidgeting with his hands wrapped around my waist. - Every time I think about her I have panic attacks... - I sighed, turning to meet Hyunjin's gaze.

- I'm sorry, Minnie... - He caressed my cheek, slightly tilting his head while smiling shyly. - Is there anything I should not do? -

My heart made backflips at his caring words, forcing me to look down to avoid him noticing my blushed cheeks and held-back smile.

- Just... please don't mention her and please respect my boundaries. - I met his eyes, seeing him quickly nod with a small smile.

I sighed relieved, smiling as well, standing up and helping him do the same. I walked towards the shelves, Hyunjin tagging along.

- So, can you teach me how to paint? - I asked, grabbing a paint brush before turning towards him with a shy smile on my face.

He reciprocated the smile, hugging me tightly before leading me to a blank canvas.

- Anything for you. -

•••

A/N
I was talking to my therapist and she said I'm addicted to Wattpad as if it was a drug🤪
I don't know if I should be preoccupied, but yeah, anygays...