Chapter 2

I was so scared. I sent him the text. What will he reply? What if he had forgotten me? I waited for hours for his reply but he didn't reply. I went to sleep.

I woke up in the morning and the first thought that came to my mind, he must have replied to my message now. Let me check it once. I took my phone still in the bed. Open my Instagram and checked DMs. There was no reply. Still no reply. Was he sleeping? Or do not want to reply to me.

I was hurt. I tried to console myself saying it's fine anyways we were not that close. I shouldn't have hoped he would message me. I got up and started with my day.

Around 3 PM, I got his reply. He had written hey. I was working but had seen my phone lit due to message. Saw his message in the notification bar. But didn't want to reply right away. It would look like I am too eager to talk to him. But the problem was what I am gonna say to him now? I had checked his LinkedIn profile. Knew he was in London. Why he is there. Everything that needed to know. Now I am regretting texting him. What should I do now? I was thinking. And phone lit again. There was second message from him.

What's up. Oh he is sending message now.

Should I reply or should I wait?

Will I seem to eager to reply him or if I wait he will forget me again. Like he did all those years ago. I really badly wanted to reply him so without giving my brain a chance to overthink what if possibility I replied.

S : Hey.Nothing much. what about you?

L : just unpacking. I hate shifting.

S : oh. Where did you go? I saw your story so dmed you.

L : yeah, I am in London. For higher education.

S : wow. That is so amazing. I always knew you were going to go out of country foe education or work. How is London? Do you like it there?

L : wow , I like that. Yeah it's beautiful. So many things to explore. What are you doing nowadays. You went your ways after graduation. Never in contact.

S : umm , yeah. I didn't join the company. Life took different turns and I ended up in one of the amazing company. Recently finished Masters.

L : wow, that is awesome news. So are you still doing your drama thing?

S : jeez what is Drama thing? And yes I am still doing it. Infact , auditioned for a role. Hoping to get that part.

L : yes , I hope you get that part. Don't forget me I'd you become huge start. Hahaha

S : nope. Never gonna forget you.

L : Thanks.

I went back to my work. And hoping his words would come true.

Few weeks later I got a call from casting director. Informing I got the part.

It was small but start of something.

The first thought came to my mind was his.

I should tell him. I took out my phone and messaged him on Instagram .

S : hey. I got the part. Soon you will see me on TV.

He must be sleeping.There is time difference between India and London. No point of waiting for his message.

I should get back to work. Just out of curiosity I check what time is it there in London now. It was 5.30 Am in the morning. That is too early. He will reply once he is awake, I thought. Phone lit due to notification. I checked my phone and it was from him.

L:I told you.

I didn't know what to say. Why is he up so early in the morning. I always imagined he would be a late riser. And maybe a night owl.

L : I want party now.