sickness scare pt. 1

you unlock the door. chica jumps up on you and licks your face and henry barks in excitment. "Mark, i'm home!" you yell. you get no reply. he usually answers you by running down to say hi, but not today. "Mark?" you repeat. no reply. you drop your stuff on the kitchen island and rush upstairs.

you check every room until you get to your shared bedroom, with the door shut. you open the door. "Mark are you okay-" you see Mark, curled up in a ball under the covers. shit. he's never asleep this early. you think to yourself. you go to the bathroom and grab the thermometer. you rush back to Mark and check his temperature. 106 degrees. that's too high and you don't know what to do. you can't just wake him up, but you have to get him to the hospital. i have no choice.

you sit down next to him on the bed. "Mark, hun, you have a very high fever, you have to wake up." you say with a
worried tone. "hmm?" he says as he sits up, confused. he didn't even put on pajamas, he's still dressed in jeans and a cloak brand sweater. "Mark, you're sick. you have a really high fever and we have to go to the ER." you repeat. "awww but i dont wanna go" he says, pouting. "i know babe, but we have to go to make sure you're safe, okay? lets go." you say. you kiss his cheek and help him out of bed.

(time skip brought to you by chica)

you're waiting outside of Mark's hospital room, pacing back and forth. the door swings open and a doctor walks out. "he's okay for now but we're gonna keep him just overnight to monitor him and make sure nothing bad happens." she tells you as you both stand just outside the door. you ask if you can see him. "of course, go on in." the doctor says.

you open the door as the doctor walks away and you see Mark, laying peacefully on the bed, resting. you sigh. thank god he's okay. scared the shit outta me. you sit down next to him and wait.

next thing you know you feel a warmth on your hand and something under your head. you open your eyes to see Mark, passed out, with his hand gently wrapped around yours and your head on his thigh. you give a relived sigh and carefully slip out of your boyfriend's grip.