Story of The Fallen Chapter Two

Story of The Fallen

Chapter Two

“Rise and shine, honey! You slept too much.” I peek under my eyelashes and Mom is opening the curtain of my old window. She's wearing a plaid shirt and her beloved washed jeans. Her hands rest on her waist while her eyes stare at me.

“What keeps you up the whole night?” She asked straight-forward.

I manage to support my body to sit and put on my innocent face, “I didn't stay up all night. I slept right away.”

“Don't try to fool me. I can hear every single of your grunt. No, I can even hear your hiss. So, you better tell me why.”

“Insomnia.” It's not that I hate her that I don;t even want her to know my love problem. It's just, I love being alone thinking about it. Maybe I just like to keep it for myself. I have a feeling that this boy should just be kept in my head – although my head is not big enough for him.

Her frown disappears but I know that she doesn't believe me easily but she manage to keep her nose for herself, “Okay. Have fun in the lake. Maybe it will ease your insomnia. I'll see you downstairs, dear.”

I haven't told Mom about the change of plan. I don't have time to be precise. I spend all of my time thinking about that guy. It's a big question mark for me. I meet dozens of new faces in my life but none of them captivated me the way he does. What spell does he have that just...blow my mind away?

I should get him out of my mind. Soon. Maybe a swim in the lake will clean my mind, hopefully. I jump out of my bed and change my clothes. Mom would freak out if I tell her I swim alone. But, this is my solitary moment.

The lake has no visitors – as expected and wished. I strip off and jump inside the refreshing water. My head dives in the water and bounces up high. I check the lake again. Nobody's here. I don't get why people just don't want to swim here anymore. This place is soothing and refreshing.

I take a deep breath and duck my head in. My feet kick the water and my hands push the water outward to make me go forward. The water looks greenish as the sunlight reflects in it. No fish or crocodile, this lake is just a pure water medium.

I swim back and forth and sometimes in a circular lap just to kill time. Maybe toe exhaust myself too so I won't have a time to waste as I got home and reach my bed to think about that guy. I float with my face to the sky.

Dad always tells me that no matter how far people are apart, they are still near because they still leave under the same sky. I wonder if he still live under this sky.

Suddenly I feel a grab in my left foot, lumps of oxygen thrown out from my lungs out of panic. My hands tap the water unceremoniously to get my head out of the water. I can barely move my left foot as if a wooden stick grows in the palm.

“Help!” I screamed but nobody's there. I stretch my arms to the air and wave it to grab attention of the people who pass or just be there but in fact, I am just making myself drown once again. The invisible stick stabs me and create a great pain. My sight becomes blurry from the water. Panic arouse again and dread starts to contaminate my mind.

What if I drown? What if I die? What if no one finds me? What if... What if and what if...

Among the cold water around me, leaks of hot liquid rolls down from my eyes as a result of panic, dread and fear.

Someone, please save me.

I feel powerless and the water still won't stop pulling me down. I stop moving my hands and my head is underwater. I close my eyes as water comes into my mouth and travel down to my throat from the unclasped mouth. This is the end. This is death, is it?

Solid things stop me from going lower to the bottom of the lake. My brain starts to shut down but in its last second, it recognize the thing as a pair of hands. One of it travel through my naked stomach to my chest then neck and stops in my face. The hand gently pulls my face before my lips feel something warm, it slowly and gently blow air to me to turn my system back.

The hot air blooms every witted flower inside me. It sweeps every dust off me. I can picture my black and white world starts to be colorful.

Slowly, I open my eyes and spot two shiny eyes staring with worry that turn to relief as my eyes open. There's a strong connection. I feel warmth reflected from my chest as if I am enlightened by the sky. The eyes close itself as I lose myself.

I saved you.