Story of The Fallen

Story of The Fallen

Chapter One

As if all the cheers and laughs not enough for a girl, the want to trespass a boundary is inevitable.

Here we are. Judy Randell smooching his boyfriend again and me leaning on the bleacher looking at her. Not a good day for a single high school girl in a small simplified town. I would love to go somewhere in New York City but there is something in here that I can't leave and I can't wait to see.

“Madie!” A hand taps my right shoulder and I look back to find the tapper. Hayden smiles with her other hand in Ray's. “What's up?” Her honey-brown hair is loosed with curls in the end. Her face is not so pale under the summer sun which eventually turn her skin honey-brown as well.

“Nothing much. Just being lazy looking jealously at some couple exchanging saliva.” I said in sarcasm and still, jealousy.

Hayden kisses Ray on his cheek to let him go to his friends for Saturday play, “I am in the thin line between confused on what happen to you and certain that you are a poisonous sarcastic jealous old virgin.”

I smack her arm and she chuckles, “I am not that old but am virgin. Seventeen is not old, Hay. Summer just started last week and now everyone is smooching around. What's with summer heat?”

“This called summer love, idiot.” We both sit in silence and watching the boys running across the football field. Hayden can consider herself lucky for the guy who is mad for her. Ray Stephenson can be classified in the AAA class – that's what people said but I say he's only AA. Football player and simply, every girl's dream in our high school. But Ray is lucky too, Hayden is not bad either. She hooked up with good-looking boys since we sit on the third grade and get her lockers stuffed with roses in her birthday.

In the other hand, I am the critical sarcastic girl who can't even get a boyfriend since the era of Eve. And yes, it does bother me – a lot. Mom says it is because I am too smart that guys would feel beaten if they date me. Annie – my somehow happy sister – said I was too 'leader'. They just don't get me. Well, everyone don't get me. I may be a leader but there are times I want to be led. And the sarcastic part, I just can't stand stupid things. But why bother elaborating these things in my own busy head? They won't know and even if I take it out of my head they would only gape and make assumptive conclusion on the never ending theory I told them.

“My sister can't stop talking about Peter Pan since last night.” Our town's theater showed Peter Pan yesterday and since there is nothing for me to do in the house beside daydreaming or reading books, I took Hayden's chance to take Kim to see Peter Pan.

“Yeah. I didn't think that the movie could be that good. And I couldn't explain it without getting my tongue twisted about how stupid Wendy is to dump Peter. I would stay in Neverland if I were Wendy.”

Hayden pulls up her t-shirt and shows her abs to the shiny sun to get it tanned, “You are always extreme. Taking the decision people don't take.”

“Wouldn't Peter be a perfect boyfriend?” I asked her.