→ 𝙞𝙫.

---------------------------------------------

"DIE! DIE! DIE!" DUSTIN SCREAMED, THE BATS THAT GOT INTO THE TRAILER BEING STABBED BY THE SINLAIR'S SPEARS. Eddie stopped himself, standing back. "Eddie!" Dustin screamed further, his hands exhausted. The Munson boy grabbed their shield, waving Dustin out of the way. "Move!" He yelled, Dustin doing as told as he watched the shield shut away the vent, the monsters trilling. The boys panted, Dustin falling back. The shield stayed once Eddie let go of it, the boy breathing heavily. "Holy shit. Holy shit." Eddie spoke, looking to his best friend on the ground. "Nice." Dustin spoke simply, Eddie shrugging. "Thanks." The two high fived, Dustin letting his head fall to his right. His expression fell, looking back to Eddie. "Are there other vents?" He asked, Eddie's face falling. "Oh shit." He let out, hurrying away to the other side of the trailer.

Dustin followed, the two screaming and slamming his bedroom door shut once bats filled it. "Shit!" Eddie yelled, watching them tear through the wooden door. Dustin reached for the mattress and sheets to leave as Eddie grabbed his homemade weapons, staring at the door. "That's not gonna hold!" Dustin informed, Eddie terrified. "Let's go! Let's go!" He screamed, Dustin being the first to climb up the sheets. "Quick!" Eddie yelled, eyes on the door as Dustin landed on the mattress beneath him. "Eddie! Come on!" He screamed, the Munson climbing up halfway before halting. The door cracked, Eddie staring at it mid-air. "Eddie, come on! Let's go!" Dustin yelled, urging his best friend towards him. The boy looked at him, the two making eye contact. "Eddie." Dustin spoke gently, seeing Eddie slowly climb back down. What was he climbing back to? Being hunted? The world won't look at him the same. He can either be a hero right now or live as a criminal his entire life.

"Eddie!" Dustin started to yell again, the Munson making his choice. Grabbing his shield and spear again, Dustin's heart sank. "Eddie! No!" He yelled, Eddie cutting the sheets with the spear. They landed in Dustin's arms, the boy feeling tears coat his cheeks and he glanced at them. "Please! Eddie!" Dustin begged, watching Eddie move the mattress away. "Eddie! Please, stop. Stop. Stop." Dustin repeated, hands on his head as tears ran down his cheeks. "Eddie, what are you doing?" He yelled, the boy ignoring him. "I'm buying more time." He answered, rushing away as Dustin shook his head. "No!" He yelled, hearing the door shut. Eddie grabbed the bike he came here with, the bats surrounding the trailer seeing him bike away quickly. They all chased him, the boy panting as Max barricaded all the doors in the gymnasium. Walking back to grab another chair, she turned around, tensing. The door as no longer barricaded but replaced with the door to the Creel home.

The door opened by itself, Max breathing quickening. "You can't hide from me, Max." Vecna drawled out, Max's eyes widening. Closing her eyes again, flashes of memories ran through her head. The sleepover with El. The mall with El. Laughing with her mother at the tv. Reacting to Sebastian's new green hair. "You think I don't see what you're doing?" Vecna's voice echoed, Max ignoring him. "You think I don't see everything?" The man spoke, Max seeing Jason aiming a gun at Lucas. Her closed eyes scrunched in confused, hearing Lucas beg. "You thought you could trick me?" Vecna asked, seeing Dustin and Eddie screaming at bats. "You thought your friends could stop me?" Vecna questioned further, Max flinching at a Demodog roar. "You thought Seven would willingly kill me? His brother?" Vecna asked, Max's eyebrows scrunched as she watched multiple flashes of Sebastian. It was at the lab. He looked happy as he conversed with a tall blond man, seeing the two playing chess together.