Chapter 14 | The hiding bunny

Start from the beginning

After Hua Cheng took his cold gaze off Song Lan, the beta sighed in relief.

"Wen Ning. .. We agreed that if you found out anything valuable or important, you'd come here, BUT ALONE." - the alpha reminded Wen Ning of this, and then looked at Song Lan again for a moment. - "But now, .. he's here after all. Another simple beta."

"Yes, I know. But he's here for a reason, just like I am." said Wen Ning quickly and obediently.

"But first you talk." said the alpha.

"I'm here to inform you that Wen Xu and his remaining members have reached out to the Jiang Pack to ask for their help. They're on their way to Mingjue's house right now." said Wen Ning.

At first, Hua Cheng looked at him only slightly questioningly.

"That's it? Why did you think it would be important to me? Why should I care that they are heading towards Mingjue's home right now?" the alpha questioned the beta.

"You know Mingjue?" asked Song Lan suddenly.

"I know who that old alpha is, .. but what does he have to do with the Wen or, more importantly, with my missing brother?" Hua Cheng got to the point.

"Because your brother is in his house. Because recently, Mingjue's son, Lan Zhan was the one who saved Wei Ying. Lan Zhan took him there because his father's house was much closer to them, and because Wei Ying was also wounded and very exhausted. .. But I can't confirm this news. Since I belong to the Wen pack, they wouldn't even let me on the property." said Wen Ning.

Hearing this, the alpha's eyes shone with anger and vengeance.

"Where did you hear that? .. Who told you that?" asked Hua Cheng nervously, as his fists suddenly clenched with the sound of a crunch.

"Song Lan told me all this." replied Wen Ning, remaining calm and obedient as he stood in front of the angry alpha. But the alpha's deepened voice had already triggered the fear out of him by this time.

"What? .. Song Lan? Who is he?" asked the alpha.

"My name is Song Lan, and I told Wen Ning all this because Mingjue and Lan Zhan are my friends." - replied Song Lan, and stood in front of the alpha. - "Now I am here instead of Lan Zhan and Wei Ying to find you and lead you to Mingjue's house. They are waiting for you, .. your brother is waiting for you. ... They're both safe there, but only until the Wen and Jiang packs arrive."

"Hua Cheng, I know what you think about this, but believe me, he's telling the truth. You can trust him just as you can trust me." said Wen Ning to remove the distrust that the alpha thought when he heard the beta's words.

"Then let's not wait any longer here, but let's go. Now!" the alpha ordered the two betas.

The two betas nodded obediently, and then, along with the alpha, immediately started running in the direction that could lead them to the elderly alpha's house the soonest.

-----------------

EVENING ....

An unusual and somewhat close-sounding wolf howl caught the attention of Lan Zhan and Wei Ying. They were upstairs in Lan Zhan's room when they heard the noise. They both went to the window. At first, neither of them saw anything unusual outside, not a wolf wandering around the house. But that soon changed.

Lan Zhan began to focus more and more on a certain point, which in turn omega did not notice. He saw small movements, then a shadow, at a point in the forest. Lan Zhan didn't think about what it might have been, instead, he decided to take a closer look at it. Lan Zhan turned and headed for the door.