"Now don't forget the wrist movement, it's very important. Swish and Flick. Repeat after me, do the movement as well," Professor Flitwick directed the class and they all followed along.

Harry found it incredibly easy, seeing as he had done magic much harder than this, Seamus on the other hand, seemed to be struggling, he couldn't get his feather to move an inch. He got so fed up that he poked the feather with his wand and it caught fire. Ron wasn't doing much better.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" He shouted, flailing his wand around.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o0o-sa, not Levios-aaaa," Hermione snapped.

"Fine. You do it then if you're so clever," Ron snarled back.

Hermione rolled up her sleeves and grabbed her wand, pointing it at the feather on her desk. "Wingardium Leviosa!" She cried, and the feather rose 4 feet above their heads and hovered there easily. She turned to face Ron smugly. He frowned and looked at Harry for help instead. Harry was fighting to keep a smile down, but couldn't help it. Hermione had always been an amazing witch. Following in her footsteps, Harry did the same and his feather rose to the same height. They smiled at each other.

"Oh, well done!" said Professor Flitwick, clapping, "look everyone, see here, Miss Granger and Mr Potter have done it!"

Ron was in a very bad mood by the end of class.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her, she's a nightmare, honestly," Ron said as they were leaving.

"I think she's brilliant," responded Harry, "maybe you can learn a thing or two from her."

Hermione rushed past them, bumping shoulders with Ron and keeping her head down. However, from what Harry could see, she didn't look upset. In fact, she looked happy he had defended her once again.

"Don't you think we could all be friends? No one else is very nice to her," Harry said

"I don't know, maybe. Though I doubt she'd be a very good friend. She seems like she would be rather annoying." Ron replied.

"You don't know until you try," Harry smiled, once again thinking of the future.

That day at dinner, Ron and Harry walked into the decorated hall. A thousand live bats fluttered from the walls. Pumpkins were floating in the air while candles sat along the tables. An extravagant feast appeared in front of them, the elves had really outdone themselves.

Harry made sure to force Ron to sit near Hermione so they could all try and chat. He was just helping himself to some potato bake when Quirrell came barrelling into the hall, his face completely white and his turban askew.

"Troll - in the dungeons - thought you ought to know." He gasped and sank to the floor.

Pandemonium erupted in the hall. Everyone was screaming and rushing to get out.

"Silence!" Dumbledore's voice echoed throughout the hall, causing all the panicked children to stop in place. "Prefects, please escort your houses back to the dormitories immediately!"

Harry, Ron and Hermione all got up and followed... Percy... who seemed perfectly in his element, back to the dorms when Harry suddenly stopped and grabbed their arms. Memories flooded back to Harry of Ron and himself saving Hermione from the troll, except Hermione was right here. So, no one was going to be hurt right? Neville! Neville was in the bathrooms, and if things were going to play out remotely similar to last time, he would be in the bathroom near the dungeons about to be attacked by a troll.

"Neville is in the bathroom!" Harry cried to Ron and Hermione.

"What about him?" Asked Ron, dumbfounded.